Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 06:58:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

How to answer the Salary question on job application?

(Read 13194 times)
pawel
Semi-Newbie

« on: December 12, 2008, 09:52:30 pm »

I am taling to an employer, and I was lucky to make it through almost all rounds without discussing salary. They have my resume, and today they asked me to fill out the job application. The application has a section where they ask about previous work history and about my current-job begining and ending salary.

Do I need to provide this information? Must I fill out the salary sections, or can I just leave the salary fields blank? I do not want them to make me an offer based on what I am earning currently, or what I have earned in the past. If I put down what I am earning now, they will use it as a reference point which I do not want to happen.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: December 12, 2008, 09:52:30 pm »

atari

« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 11:29:16 am »

No, unless they tell you "we won't talk to you if you do not provide this information", do not volunteer. You want to refrain from providing any information that can hurt you. You want to provide information that will benefit you only.
mismas

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 04:54:26 pm »

Most companies will ask for your salary information so that they can verify it.

Sorry to spoil your good time, but employment offers are usually based on your prior salary and work history.

If a company extends your an offer that you are not happy with, you can always counter-offer. Just make sure you tack a couple thousand annually extra to give them more room to counter, your counter. Companies almost always counter the initial salary offer. Just a business.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 23 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)