Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 10:32:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Type C Multi entry visa to France Travel Question

(Read 15388 times)
studentinfranc

« on: January 30, 2011, 04:22:11 pm »

I'm studying in France with a program that is only 2 months and a half so I was issued a type C multi entry visa by France. I thought I would be able to travel on weekends to other countries but I just realized that instead of a Schengen Visa I received a visa which says Valid for France only (rather than for Etats Schengen). I've been looking up information and it says this off of the French consulate website:

The short stay visa (visa type "C") is issued for private, family or business visit in France for a maximum of 90 days and may be valid for one or multiple entries. It’s the main known schengen visa, issued for the majority of the trips.

So does this mean this IS a Schengen visa that will allow me to travel to other Schengen states or no?

I've also been reading about the internal border policies for the Schengen states. It seems like there is really no checks but since I had booked my flight to Milan from Paris in an airport kind of far away from the city I thought it would be best to check to see if I'll actually be allowed to board before going...

Thank you!
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: January 30, 2011, 04:22:11 pm »

porsche

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 09:04:33 pm »

What you found on the French consulate website is probably a generic definition of the type C Schengen visa. Schengen visa type C can be limited to certain country or countries, that would be mentioned on the "Valid for" line on the visa sticker or stamp. So, if your visa reads "Valid for France only", then it works as it reads.
danisara

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 09:10:13 pm »

I've also been reading about the internal border policies for the Schengen states. It seems like there is really no checks but since I had booked my flight to Milan from Paris in an airport kind of far away from the city I thought it would be best to check to see if I'll actually be allowed to board before going...

It is correct, there is no border patrols between the individual Schengen states. That is the point of the Schengen area and the concept of common unified visa. Theoretically, there should not even be any checks at the airports if you fly from Paris to Milan, but for local security reasons, airports still have some checks before you enter the flight terminal, just to make sure people without tickets do not go there. A passport is not required, a local ID will do, but Schengen zone visitors do not have local IDs, so they show passports. From this perspective, it is safer to travel by train or bus as there is no checks.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)