Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 10:37:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Avoid AMT Quesiton

(Read 8335 times)
jh241d

« on: January 10, 2011, 07:55:07 pm »

When calculating if I will be hit with AMT or not, the difference between yes and no appears to be the deduction for property tax in 2010 (reported on the 1098 along with mortgage interest). If I didnt take that deduction (3781), I would be under the limit and would not be subkect to AMT (and would have an actual refund instead). Can I just not claim the property tax exemption?
Jim
jh241d@nih.gov
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: January 10, 2011, 07:55:07 pm »

steven

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 03:14:50 pm »

I assume you are talking about "Real estate taxes" deduction on line 6, form 1040 schedule A, correct? Claiming deductions is a benefit that the tax payer can take advantage of if he chooses to. They are voluntary. For example, here is a similar concept, if you had 5 children and claimed only one of them, your tax liability would be higher than if you claimed all 5 children. Uncle Sam surely won't be mad if the tax payer claimed less of his benefits and thus paid more taxes. I hope that helps.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)