Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 20, 2024, 12:31:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Schengen Visa - expiry date

(Read 10755 times)
Bella

« on: February 07, 2011, 05:17:56 pm »

I need some info. I have a multiple Schengen visa that valids from Jan, 14th to Mar, 14th with 30 days duration of stay. I've used it once from Jan, 27th to Feb, 6th 2011 (10 days). If I plan to go again entering on Mar, 13th and stay for 2 weeks, is that alright? or I need to get out of the country before Mar, 14th?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: February 07, 2011, 05:17:56 pm »

GildaPrice
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »

Wow, 90 days visa with 30 days stay, that is pretty unusual. Could you post a picture of your visa?
If the visa is valid till March 14, than that is the day on which you need to leave the zone (or sooner).
Bella

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 01:56:35 am »

I think it's a 2months visa (14Jan-14Mar) with a 30days stay... I'm not sure how to post a picture here... so you were saying it's not allowed for me to enter the country 13Mar and stay for 2 weeks?
GildaPrice
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 09:39:08 pm »

See the visa as the document that entitles you to legally stay in the Schengen zone. If the document is past its validity date, then obviously it does not entitle you to a legal stay.
Bella

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 12:40:15 am »

the reason I asked because the visa system in the US is different... my mom was able to come 1 week before her visa was expired and they gave her a 6months stay in the US... so I was wondering the Schengen visa would be the same or not... oh well, I guess I need to make another application for the 14Mar onwards...
porsche

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 11:16:06 pm »

my mom was able to come 1 week before her visa was expired and they gave her a 6months stay in the US

That sounds interesting. What do you mean by "they gave her a 6months stay in the US"? I do not recall the immigration officer at the USA airport issuing any document that says how long you can stay in the country. I think they staple the I90 form to your passport when you arrive to the USA, but I do not think it says how long you can stay in the country.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.511 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)