Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 16, 2024, 10:17:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

single or multiple visa

(Read 9957 times)
Dominic Vu
Semi-Newbie

« on: March 21, 2011, 06:08:11 pm »

Hello Danisara,
As I asked you before about the Shengen Visa. The next question arises to me. My destination will be France and from France I will go to Spain and Portugal. However, I have to come back to France before I go back to Canada to study. What kind of visa do I need? Single or multiple visa? Please let me know about that. Thank you so much. Blessings!
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: March 21, 2011, 06:08:11 pm »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 05:46:08 pm »

Since all these countries are within the Schengen zone, you would be fine with a single entry visa because when traveling between these countries, you remain in the Schengen zone. You do not leave the Schengen zone while going from Paris to Madrid. However, applying for multiple entry visa is a good idea. With multiple entry visa, you do not have to apply again when you perhaps travel again next year.
Dominic Vu
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 06:35:06 pm »

Thank you very much Danisara.

Many blessings,

Dominic Vu
Dominic Vu
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 12:49:53 am »

Hello Danisara,
It is so complicated and so confused to apply Schengen Visa. I have found the Consulate General of France in Toronto, Canada and I have read the list of required documents in order to apply for a short stay visa (c). There are 14 requirments. So now some of the requirments that I am still confused and I do not understand. Please help me to understand these problems:
- 1) - Processing fees: $81.19 (single or multiple visa?). It does not tell.
- 5) - Any document supporting your status in Canada: (Can I use my study permit? )
- 6) - Airplane or train reservation for the entire travel (How can I have airplane or train reservation when I do not have a visa yet?)
- 7) - If applicable, any document allowing your entry in the country of your main destination (what does it mean?)
- Cool - Depending on the purpose of your stay. (my purpose is to visit my uncle. Can I use his invitation letter as a proof of accommodation?)
And
IF the visa is granted, I will then have to provide:
12) - Original of the airplane ticket or eticket or proof that your ticket has been paid in full + photocopy.

I am so sorry to ask you many questions. Please explain them to me so that I will not be in trouble to apply my application.

Thank you so much

Dominic Vu

danisara

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 02:50:37 pm »

- 1) - Processing fees: $81.19 (single or multiple visa?). It does not tell.
- 5) - Any document supporting your status in Canada: (Can I use my study permit? )
- 6) - Airplane or train reservation for the entire travel (How can I have airplane or train reservation when I do not have a visa yet?)
- 7) - If applicable, any document allowing your entry in the country of your main destination (what does it mean?)
- Cool - Depending on the purpose of your stay. (my purpose is to visit my uncle. Can I use his invitation letter as a proof of accommodation?)
And
IF the visa is granted, I will then have to provide:
12) - Original of the airplane ticket or eticket or proof that your ticket has been paid in full + photocopy.

1 - Does not matter, $81.19 for any C visa.
5 - If I remember correctly, you are a Vietnamese, right? I assume you must have some study visa to study in Canada, correct? That would be the document.
6 - Ya, tricky question. What was first, the egg or the chicken. Smiley You can make hotel and airplane reservation without actually paying for it. Many hotels accept online reservations, you pay after you spend your night at the hotel. You can make a reservation for flight and pay later.
7 - In case you had some other visa or something allowing you to travel to France.
8 - Yes, actually it would be a good idea. When your uncle writes the letter, it is a good idea if he could have his signature notarized.

Cheers.
Dominic Vu
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 06:20:10 pm »

Dear Danisara,

Thank you very much for your help. I have to tell you the truth that I like travelling but I hate to do a lot of papers like this. However, I have no choice. I found the Consulate General of France in Vancouve where I am going to apply my documents but the problem is I can not apply by mail but in person. I have to book an appointment and fly there to have an interview with them. And how I can fly back without passport because I have to leave my passport to the visa office after an interview if they accept my application? 

Dominic Vu
danisara

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 09:43:03 am »

Where are you located now, are you in Canada? If you are located in Canada and do not plan on leaving Canada while waiting for the visa, you can leave the passport at the embassy, no?
Dominic Vu
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 09:56:27 pm »

Of course, I am now in Canada. I think I can travel inside Canada by plane without passport. I just only show my drive liscene. Is it right?

Dominic Vu
danisara

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 05:41:25 pm »

Theoretically, you should keep your passport with you, but a drivers licence is considered an ID too, so you should be fine.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)