Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 11:02:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Having trouble applying to France

(Read 6500 times)
IndianStudent

« on: April 24, 2011, 05:04:59 am »

I tried applying for my visa at the French Consulate, but they told me the application was incomplete. I want to take a language course in France for a month and then one in Germany for a month. The French Consulate told me that I need to register my program on Campus France first, but I can't figure that site out. I'm thinking of applying in Germany instead (I'll switch my itinerary so that I spend more days there) but do I need a visit visa or a study permit? If I get a study permit, will it be valid in France as well? Will I still need to register on Campus France?? The French Consulate was rather rude so I would really appreciate it if someone could offer any information regarding this.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: April 24, 2011, 05:04:59 am »

GildaPrice
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 11:10:02 am »

What do you mean you can't figure the site out. See here:

Code:
http://usa.campusfrance.org/en/1.html

Click the Register link in the "My CampusFrance" right-hand column.

Are you sure you need visa? What nationality are you?
danisara

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 09:44:20 pm »

It would be unusual to condition the issuance of the visa on a third-party site registration. The law does not list that as a visa requirement.
IndianStudent

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 05:38:23 am »

What do you mean you can't figure the site out. See here:

Are you sure you need visa? What nationality are you?

I figured out that part. I've registered on the site but there are registration processes for the visa itself. You have to send in your school information and transcripts to this site and then they'll confirm your student status so you can apply for the visa. Basically, they want me to get a study permit even though I'll be there only for 4 weeks. Yes I do need a visa (I'm Indian) but the German embassy said I don't need a study permit in Germany so I'm applying there instead. Thanks for taking the time to comment.
danisara

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 02:03:57 pm »

Sounds like a plan. Germany is more fun anyway. Better beer.  Grin
Let us know your experience when you get the visa.

PS: In regards to the French consulate, sometimes, all it takes is just to come in again the following day and talk to a different clerk. Different people, different answers. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:05:35 pm by danisara » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)