Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 19, 2024, 08:42:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

NON EEA NATIONAL MARRIED WITH EEA NATIONAL CAN ENTER FRANCE TOGETHER - NO VISA?

(Read 11740 times)
adamwasfy
Semi-Newbie

« on: May 12, 2011, 02:19:31 pm »

Dear All,

I am new here! I could not know how to post my below topic!

I hope that some one can help me or some one had experience before for same situation as per below message:

Greetings!

Would highly appreciate your kind advice on the following matter:

I am an Egyptian citizen married with Romanian citizen (EEA National) and I hold a residence permit for family members in Romania since 2009 valid for 5 years.

Me and my wife (and our son 1 year old – Hold Romanian Passport) we plan to travel to London first week of June this year, for a week for tourist purpose. And from London we will travel to Paris for one day trip only and back to London.  As per the information I received in  Romania I should be able to enter France together with my wife without requiring a visit visa, and I would obtain a visa upon entry in Paris.

Please advice if this is the case, and I will be able to travel to France without a previous visit visa application!

Do I need visa to enter France and Holland as well? or I can enter without visa if travelling along with my wife?

Thank you all and regards,

Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: May 12, 2011, 02:19:31 pm »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 04:48:31 pm »

Hi,
No need to doublepost and capitalize the title of your posts.
In case you hold Romanian passport, I do not think you require Schengen visa to travel to France.
Cheers.
adamwasfy
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 07:27:35 am »

Dear danisara,

Thank you for your prompt reply,

I am not holding Romanian passport, but holding Romanian residence permit card for family member, and i want to know if I am able to enter France together with my wife without requiring a visit visa or not? same question for Netherlands too, do I need visa in order to visit France and Netherlands if I am traveling together with my wife?

for your info, my wife is Romanian national only, and I am Egyptian national.

Really appreciate your assistance and confirmation on above mention.

thank you and regards,

Wasfy
adamwasfy
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 01:52:25 pm »

regarding my above questions; I found information regarding Holland visa, and I would like to share it with all of you.
please see the following text copied from website of Netherlands Embassy in UK:

Holder of a 'Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National' accompanied by the EEA national or joining the EEA national (not a Dutch national*) who is moving to or residing in the Netherlands: no visa required. Please note that the residence permit must be endorsed in a valid passport or travel document and that you may be requested by the immigration authorities to provide documentary proof of the relationship (e.g. original birth, marriage or civil partnership certificate) and of the use of the right of free movement of the EEA national (e.g. a registration certificate).

now I am still searching for any info for France visit, if i still need visa or i can enter without visa when my wife traveling together with me? 

danisara

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 03:15:26 pm »

In general, the residence permit does not provide grounds for admittance to a country other than the one that issued the permit. Some countries recognize permits issued by other countries, but that is only a billateral agreement of the two countries. I do not know what the rules for France are. Just make sure that you research rules for residence permit not only for Netherlands and France but also for other countries that you need to travel through in order to get to your destination. Thanks for posting your info.

Edit: By the way, read the paragraph again. I do not think it means that holding a Romanian residence permit would entitle you to travel to Netherlands. See this note below the picture (perhaps you have not seen it).

Code:
Furthermore, this only applies when travelling directly
to the Netherlands. When travelling to the Netherlands through
another country, please check with the appropriate Embassy.

I think it works in a way that if you travel to Netherlands, you can be required to either have a visa or have a residence permit. Visa is issued under the provision of the Schengen Acquis and is good for the Schengen zone, while residence permit is issued under the European community law and so is good for only the country that has issued. When travelling on a residence permit, there is also the condition with the accompanying EEA national.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:31:50 pm by danisara » Logged
adamwasfy
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 07:22:29 am »

Dear danisara,

Thank you very much for your support and help, and I would like to highlight the following points about my case only:

1- I and my wife will travel from Dubai to London for total stay 12 days, and I got Entry Clearance stamp in my passport in order to enter UK without visa (I am traveling with my wife together).
2- from UK we will travel by plane to Netherlands for 4 days and back to London then back to Dubai.
3- I checked for France visit, and i found that I have to apply for visa in order to enter France, which I could not do it because no time and not necessary since that we wanted to visit Paris just for one day and back to London in the same day! so we cancelled this idea.
4- For Netherlands visa, I am still searching for more info, and I am going to call direct the Immigration office in Amsterdam on Monday to confirm my entry by Romanian Residence Permit. but many paople in Netherlands were confirmed to me that I can enter without visa!

The most important is to be accompany with EEA national and proof of relationship. this condition is ok!

Thank you again for your care and help, and if I got any new info, I will let you know

regards
danisara

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 08:36:41 pm »

Great info, thanks much and happy travelling.
adamwasfy
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 08:50:25 am »

Dear danisara,

I would like to inform you that after I contact direct Netherlands Embassy in Romania and Immigration office in Amsterdam, both are confirmed that I do not need visa to enter the Country, if I am accompany with my wife and coming from UK or from any another EU Country to Netherlands.
at the border may they will ask us where are we staying and when we will leave the Country - that's all!

Thank you and best regards,

Wasfy
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)