Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 06:02:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

I am a US citizen married to German- How to extend visa?

(Read 6359 times)
Christella

« on: June 02, 2011, 02:28:24 pm »

My 90 days are coming up in 2 weeks, mid-June.  I plan to stay in EU until August and I am currently in Brussels.  How and where do I apply for an extension in Brussels?  Is a fee waived since I am an American married to an EU citizen?  Thanks for your response.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: June 02, 2011, 02:28:24 pm »

porsche

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 03:43:50 pm »

I do not think there is an extension easily obtainable. Just think, why would they come up with the 90/180 rule and then allow easy extensions? Smiley
Christella

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 03:57:36 pm »

Technically, I don't have an actual visa.  As an American, I just got a stamp on my passport with the date of arrival.  The 90 days is like an unwritten rule...meaning it's not written on my passport that I have to leave the Schengen countries by a certain date nor does it state that I only have 90 days to visit.  But I do know that I am allowed 90 days from reading the websites.  What I don't know is what I need to do to stay longer than 90 days because I am married to an EU citizen.  I've stayed in EU before (longer than 90 days) with no hassle but that was before.  Not sure how strict or not strict the rules are now. 
danisara

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 09:09:12 am »

The 90/180 is a well written rule. You can find an excerpt from the Schengen Acquis here:

Schengen 90/180 rule

The good news is that in case you are married to a EU citizen, you can try getting a residence permit from the country of your spouse's citizenship. See this thread http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=351.0 which might give you some ideas. The bad news is that you won't get residence permit in two weeks, it takes a bit longer to process the application.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)