Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 09:57:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

What is RSS and how to use it?

(Read 9954 times)
2nd grade math

« on: September 13, 2011, 08:22:42 am »

I don't know what RSS is and how to use it.

I just know that it can make indexing of web pages faster by search engines.

Any help on it is greatly appreciated.

Regards.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: September 13, 2011, 08:22:42 am »

porsche

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 05:44:09 pm »

A website generates a special code called XML. Then a user has so-called RSS reader which is able to read in the XML from the web site and display it in the user's device, be it another web site, a phone, a browser, whatever.
seanlsy

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 04:22:06 am »

this is my question too,i cannot summit my RSS
elenabrown

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 11:49:46 am »

RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication.
RSS is a standard format for syndicating content on the Internet. The content can be anything! Often information contained in an RSS feed is syndicated on other sites which expands its reach.

Website visitors love RSS because they choose which feeds they wish to subscribe to, if at any point they are unhapy with the content contained in the RSS feed they simply unsubscribe and no longer receive notification of feed updates.

RSS is really a win, win for both subscribers and publishers.
martinsherman
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:11:36 am »

RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication". It is a way to easily distribute a list of headlines, update notices, and sometimes content to a wide number of people. It is used by computer programs that organize those headlines and notices for easy reading.

RSS works by having the website author maintain a list of notifications on their website in a standard way. This list of notifications is called an "RSS Feed". People who are interested in finding out the latest headlines or changes can check this list.
Special computer programs called "RSS Aggregators" have been developed that automatically access the RSS feeds of websites you care about on your behalf and organize the results for you. (RSS feeds and aggregators are also sometimes called "RSS Channels" and "RSS Readers".)
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)