Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 12:18:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Airport transit through Schengen Country

(Read 5033 times)
Tenas

« on: December 22, 2011, 05:19:41 pm »

Hey. I recently bought a  ticket to Izmir,Turkey from UK. It isn't direct flight so, there is a change in Munich, Germany. So, it is Manchester-Munich-Izmir. I don't hold UK passport. I don't need visa for entering Turkey but because the flight is through Germany I am wondering if I need a schengen visa in this case. Any help would be appreciated.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: December 22, 2011, 05:19:41 pm »

atari

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 02:09:23 pm »

Hi, I think when you travel through Munich, they route non-Schengen traffic through a non-Schengen terminal. If you want to go from a non-Schengen terminal to a Schengen area terminal, you need to go through a passport control. So, you would not need visa to walk through the airport. But better check with your airline, they should be able to tell you. You can also find the Munich airport map online and see through which terminals you will need to go to get from UK arrivals to Turkey departure. The map shows where the border control is.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 23 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)