Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 10:07:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Overstay or not ?

(Read 4251 times)
vassago07

« on: January 04, 2012, 11:27:54 pm »

Hello everyone,

First of all im turkish, i have obtained a touristic schengen visa for a vacation in Greece. I bought my flight tickets before i got the visa and now im having a problem. Here it is;

My visa is valid from 10th of January until 4th of February. But the duration of the stay is 10 days.

My flight to Greece is on 12th of January at 5pm. and my return flight is on 22nd of January at 3pm.

Now, how are they gonna count the days i stay? Cause if you count it as regular numbers, 12th to 2nd makes 11 days which is an overstay for my visa. But if you count the days on basis of 24 hours, then it makes something like 9days and 22 hours which is not an overstay..

So now, my question is how do they count the duration of stay? If i leave on 22nd, does that mean im overstayed?
If so, whats the consequence? I read lots of things about the consequences, but most of them doesnt fit to my situation, cause i'll be at the airport leaving the country, and not get caught by police or anything..

And what about the fines? how much do they charge for overstays? Is there a regulation somewhere that i can read?

Thanks in advance,
i really need your help, im worried about this trip. And i dont wanna change my flight and pay like 200 euro more since i barely finance this trip..

Berke.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: January 04, 2012, 11:27:54 pm »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 23 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)