Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 19, 2024, 04:54:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Schengen 90/180 rule for US citizen

(Read 5429 times)
france616

« on: October 06, 2013, 11:05:54 pm »

Hello,

I am a US citizen who has been studying in the UK for the past 12 months under a valid student visa.  During this time, I have been traveling in and out of several Schengen countries for vacation (without any visa) for a few days at a time per country.  I am currently in France and plan to go home to the US after being here, but am unsure how long I can stay under the 90/180 rule.  I have tried looking online and calling embassies but with no clear answer!

In short - when does the 180 days start or how is it counted?  Does it start the first time I entered a Schengen country after I arrived to the UK last year for my studies?  What about the times I have traveled to Schengen territories in years prior to that - do those travel dates have to be considered also?

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: October 06, 2013, 11:05:54 pm »

bugibar

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 01:27:37 pm »

The 90/180 days rule does not emloy any counter in a sense that the period would start, end and got reset at some specific moment. The rule works in a way that if you look back at any given 180 calendar days - have you spent out of those 180 calendar days more than a total of 90 days in the Schengen territory? So, the period is a moving one. It moves every day by one day. See here for more details on the 90 180 schengen rule: schengen visa 90 180 rule. Also see other posts in this forum: Schengen visa forum (there are many posts on this topic there).
france616

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 11:52:30 pm »

Great - many thanks for your help!  I think I've gotten it figured out Smiley
porsche

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 05:01:44 pm »

Great - many thanks for your help!  I think I've gotten it figured out Smiley

See here for a hands on 90/180 visa rule calculation

Re: I overstayed by Schengen visa?? HOW??? HELP!
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.005s, 0q)