Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

February 20, 2020, 09:42:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]

EEA Family permit for UK allowed to travel to EU without visa?

 (Read 11120 times)
Posts: 1

« on: February 27, 2012, 12:17:57 pm »

Hi. Can you help me please.
I've got EEA family Permit for UK for 5 years, because my husband maltese and i am russian and we live in the UK. I want to go on holiday to Spain, Italy and France. Do I need the visa for those countrys?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: February 27, 2012, 12:17:57 pm »

Full Member
Posts: 203

« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 11:26:42 am »

The EEA Family Permit document is issued by the UK. The UK has not joined the Schengen system. So, the EEA Family Permit is not recognized as visa in the Schengen zone too. See EEA Family Permit for more details about the EEA Family Permit. If in doubt, call the embassy. Cheers.
Posts: 1

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2012, 12:46:05 pm »

Yes, you should be able to, definitely to France. Check for other countries.

(I registered in this system just to send you this link but apparently the system doesn't allow me to post links. Kind of useless as a service).

France in the United Kingdom, Consulate General website says:

The foreign spouse of a EU national (except French national) may enter France without visa if holding:

- A valid travel document;
- A valid UK residence permit with the endorsement "family member of EEA national" (this endorsement is compulsory to be visa exempted);
- and if they are joining or travelling with the EU national.

If you do not satisfy the above conditions, you will need to apply for a visa to travel to France (for instance if your residency is not explicit or if you are travelling to France for business).

Note that children and parents of EU Nationals still require visas to travel to France. It’s also the case for the spouses of British citizens as their residence permit does not bear the endorsment " family member of EEA national" as required by the art. 10 of the European Council/Parliament Directive 2004/38 CE.

Be advised that if you are unable to provide the requested documents to obtain a visa as the spouse of an EU citizen, you willneed to lodge an application for a short stay Schengen visa, i.e. pay the visa administrative fees and produce all requested supporting documents.
(source: Ambafrance)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 08:26:49 am by atari » Logged
Posts: 121

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 08:29:20 am »

Great post, thanks!

Links are allowed at this forum but not for fresh new members. This is to prevent spam. You have to be an active member to be able to post links. Fresh members can post information about the source as a text.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)