Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 12:36:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Only Single entry given for Schengen visa by Netherlands

(Read 9093 times)
Shah

« on: April 21, 2012, 07:30:51 am »

Hi,

I applied to the Netherlands embassy for schengen multiple entry visa for tourism and was given only one single entry for 5 days for my duration of trip to Netherlands. This was the fifth time I applied for Schengen visa (though first time to Netherlands). Earlier I have been issued valid schengen visas for 6 months twice by France embassy and for short period by Greece and Portugal.
I had also submitted 3 more trips with valid proof of travel and accomodation in addition to the trip for Netherlands. Though all these schengen trips were not together. I am a resident of UK (holding ILR) with Indian passport and each time I was supposed to come back to UK and then travel again for next trip after few days/weeks. Hence I needed multiple entry visa or atleast 4 single entries to cover my trips which was over a period of 2 months. I did not have time to apply for a new visa between the first 3 trips as the gap was only few days and it takes atleast a month to get the process done for visa application appointment.
I was confident that I would get the visa for all trips as I submitted all the proof of travel, they would consider that I have been issued schengen visa before for 4 times. However to my shock I got only single entry for 5 days to cover my Amsterdam trip. I had planned Spain trip after 3 days from coming back from Amsterdam and now I dont have time to reapply. I talked with VFS and they said to request Dutch embassy to reconsider. I called up Dutch embassy and they refused to reconsider saying that they can issue multiple entry visa only if I can prove I am planning to travel to Netherlands more often otherwise I have to apply (in this case) to Spain embassy. I explained I do not have the time to do, atleast give me 4 single entries to cover my trips so I do not lose money of non refundable travel and accomodation. But they refused to reconsider. Now since I have one live visa, I cannot get another one till this expires. That leaves me with only 3 days in between to apply and get the visa if I have to go for next trip to Spain. I do not understand how they benefit by this and I also lose my money and holidays. If they issue multiple entry visas then people will travel. Dont know what my options are now. Can I appeal, or write a letter to Dutch embassy to reconsider or extend, or request Spain to issue me visa in 3 days after I complete my travel to Amsterdam. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 07:32:40 am by Shah » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: April 21, 2012, 07:30:51 am »

vtaneja

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 12:02:48 am »

Dear Shah,

So what did you finally do for your situation? I am now in the same situation, except for a very minor difference that the culprits for me are the Germans.

Given a single entry 5 day visa despite showing confirmed and fully paid for tickets for upcoming trips. I also have 7 schengen visas, 3 of which have been 1 year multiple entries.

What's the point of having Schengen if we still need to apply individually to each country. Sigh !

Let me know if you had managed to find a solution.

Thanks

zaragoza
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 03:30:48 pm »

I would be interested in knowing the solution too. What about you?
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)