Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 19, 2024, 04:14:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Advice needed

(Read 5007 times)
patman

« on: May 13, 2012, 09:16:37 pm »

Can you please help as i dont know if we have made a mistake in our dates when applying, they say (the Bodrder Agency) it can take up to three months for them to process your application, so we applied on 4 April 2012 just before the new fee increased, my partner is planning to come here early August for our civil partership on 16 August, so when we applied we said ok three months to process so apply april and they should his application in time by 3rd july, so he can leave in August, but now was are told you cannot apply if your leaving after three months!!! help, we applied early so they have to to process application can you please advise will they reject our application as we didnt send everthing until april, which they received on 23 april, and it is now gone to the e.c.o, do you know if they will say ok you get your visa from when they make a decision on the day they look at your application or is it when you first applied on 4 April, we dont wont to lose all that money ffor a simple mistake, i just wonder if you could advise as there website says you cannot send any more information to them once you send to them unless they ask for it, any help as were now so worried, we thought we were doing the right thing allowing them time up to three months to process our application and now we may have made a big mistake. thanks
CAN I ADD THAT I FOUND THIS ON THERE WEBSITE
If you apply for a visa but cannot meet all the requirements for this immigration category, you will be refused and your application fee will not be refunded.

Your fiance(e) or proposed civil partner must be:
currently living and settled in the UK; or
returning to the UK with you to live here permanently.

You must show that:
you are both at least 18 years old on the date when you would arrive in the UK or when we would give you permission to remain;
you both intend to marry or register a civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually 6 months)
you both intend to live together permanently as husband and wife or civil partners after you are married or have registered your civil partnership;
you have met each other;
you meet our English language requirement, unless you can show that you qualify for an exemption - see the English language page;
until you are married or have registered a civil partnership, there is somewhere for you and any dependants to live without help from public funds;
there will, when you are married or in your civil partnership, be adequate accommodation where you and any dependants can live exclusively and without help from public funds; and
you and any dependants can be supported without working or needing public funds, before you apply to extend your stay as the husband, wife or civil partner of a British citizen or settled person - see the Maintenance page
it does not say here that you have to apply for the three months rules so am i still ok with the date?
sorry for the long message
BECAUSE IT SAYS THIS
you both intend to marry or register a civil partnership within a reasonable time (usually 6 months)
BUT THEN IT SAYS ON ANOTHER PAGE THIS
This page explains how you can apply for a visa to come to the UK if you are currently in the USA.

When to apply

You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK. Applications received more than 3 months before your date of travel will be returned without a visa and without a refund of the application fee. You will then need to submit a new application and to re-enrol your biometric information at the appropriate time

DOES THIS MEAN WE CAN APPLY ANYTIME AS LONG AS WE MARRY WITHIN SIX MONTHS OR DOES THIS MEAN WE STILL SHOULD NOT APPLY UNLESS ITS THREE MONTHS BEFORE WERE DUE TO LEAVE I'M SO CONFUSED AND I THINK YOU WILL BE ONCE READING ALL OF THIS LOL.
THANKS
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: May 13, 2012, 09:16:37 pm »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)