Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 06:38:38 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

How does System Recovery recover files when i permantly delete them?

(Read 8709 times)
ramki
Semi-Newbie

« on: November 19, 2008, 10:49:43 pm »

This is mind boggling. I am in Windows. I delete files. Then if I do system restore, they get restored. How do they get restored when I delete them? Are they NOT deleted just hidden?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 19, 2008, 10:49:43 pm »

atari

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 07:21:25 pm »

This is mind boggling. I am in Windows. I delete files. Then if I do system restore, they get restored. How do they get restored when I delete them? Are they NOT deleted just hidden?

When you delete files in your Windows, the data does not get deleted, it is still on your hard drive. The data sectors on the hard drive just get marked as free for any data you want to store on your hard drive down the road. Your deleted data gets really wiped out when you copy new data to your hard drive and your hdd mechanism places the data over your "deleted" data. So, until this happens, your system is able to do recovery.
bugibar

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 07:24:45 pm »

A system recovery reverts your computer to a snapshot of your computer that day.

When you delete a file it goes to the recycle bin.
Your recycle bin does not contain the actual file, it contains a link to the file.
When you empty the recycle bin the link to that file is deleted. Eventually the file will get written over, but the file is still on your computer. Everything you delete remains on your computer.

There are some programs that can help to delete stuff permanently and make unrecoverable.

To erase the contents (of a file, folder, or the entire HDD):
You need a program that erases the hardrive.
You can search the internet for freeware.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)