Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 05:59:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Schengen Visa Appeal Help

(Read 13130 times)
Atticus10

« on: August 26, 2012, 04:03:46 pm »

Hello I am a Filipino passport holder who applied for  French Schengen Visa, through VFS global here in Riyadh Saudi Arabia.

Despite submitting all the required documents (paid flight ticket, hotel confirmation, medical insurance, letter from employer etc) my application was still refused with the reason that "the information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable."

In the application form, I indicated that the purpose of my visit would be for tourism. I am just wondering how much more could you justify that... I wasn't even interviewed!

And just a side note which I couldn't help but notice, I submitted my application form at VFS global office on Aug 14(the last day of work before the week long holiday for the Eid celebrations) the stamp in my passport, which i found out is a sign that my visa was refused is dated Aug 21 the very first day of work from the holidays. I was told that my visa application would take 2 weeks. But my passport shows that i really didn't have a chance since my application was denied on the very first day of the supposed processing.

Now I have a lot of questions: was i refused because of my nationality? (since its no secret that a lot of my countrymen are illegal immigrants), was it because of my hotel reservation, which didnt require a down payment (since my plan was to backpack this hotel is really a cheap budget hotel), was i denied because aside from the country where i work I havent really travelled outside my home country? and lastly is it wise to appeal the decision? and how long does it take? the refusal letter has a note below on where we could fax our appeal but it is located in france. Does anyone know if the embassy accepts/process visa appeals?

And in case that I do not go through the process of appeal, since I am afraid I do not have enough time( I orignally planned to travel on Oct) or if i go through it and still get rejected.
Im wondering how will this refusal affect any future schengen application to france or any other schengen state?

If you had read my entire post I sincerely thank you.
If you have any advice you would like to share I thank you more.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 04:06:12 pm by Atticus10 » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 26, 2012, 04:03:46 pm »

SchengenJustice
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 02:53:36 am »

Atticus,

No, you were not refused because of your nationality or, if you were, that would be discriminatory and unlawful.
No, you don't have to make a downpayment, just a confirmed booking. Without seeing your booking it is difficult to say whether it was valid.
It is worth appealing? Probably not. The time limit has expired already, however, it is probably worth answering your question:
i. You don't really know the real reason for your refusal. The vague term "purpose and conditions of stay" is too vague to frame an appeal;
ii. The appeal process in France is a sham. You will get a letter stating that, if you don't hear from them after two months, you may assume that your appeal has failed.

So, given the fact that you don't have a clear basis to appeal, it is quite likely that it will fail and you will hear nothing more from them. You might as well toss a bottle into the ocean and hope that it comes back with a visa.

You were refused because the correct law was not applied and you were denied your rights. According to the correct interpretation of EU law, you should have been called for an interview. See my blog (google Schengenjustice - one word) for a complete analysis of your rights. (Given that only 1.5% of applicants were refused at the French Embassy in Riyadh last year (332 to be precise) it would not be too much to ask the visa staff to do their duty and call you for an interview.)

Unfortunately, the correct interpretation of the law is poorly understood. Far easier to refuse your visa and take the money and run. The visa officer is not accountable and can effectively do what he/she likes.

And finally, to answer your last question, the number in your passport does not indicate a refusal. It indicates that the application is admissible. See Article 20 of the visa code.
nadss2007

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 05:57:30 pm »

Hi ,

i am pakistani origin working as a IT professional here in Riyadh - Saudi arabia.

i applied on 20th Nov,2012 and i received refusal letter on 28th Nov,2012 with the following reason.

1.   The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable
2.   Your intension to leave the territory of the Member states before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained..

i don't know how to apeal and where to apeal.

do i need to prepare all the documents or copy of the document which i submitted as i don't have copy of the documents?
i plan to visit Germany Frankfurt from 3rd to 6th Jan, then on train to paris for 2day then to Rome for 1day then return to Frankfurt then back to Riyadh by plain

i submitted all the document they want yet they refused me.

could you please guide me where to apeal and which document will be needed for apealing my file.

awaiting for your reply and thanks for your kind support in advance.

best regards
nadeem
nhe32

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 11:57:27 pm »

hello  i would like to ask  about my case ,i applied for a visa to austria to visit a family member, and stated on the invitation  for 2 months, and have a complete supporting documents, and did a one on one interview at the embassy in riyadh,im suppose to leave on dec 21 2012 -jan 19 2013 just for 28 days,i''m confused why my application was refused? and stated on the letter of refusal,that'' emigrate their intention before the expiration of the entry visa from the sovereign territory of the member states could not be determined.
what does it mean? and if i appeal on it do i have the chance to be issued by a visa? and would this refusal could affect in the future if i will apply again for a visa? please i need some advice.looking forward to your kind response.

nhe32
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:37:27 am by nhe32 » Logged
porsche

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 04:14:03 pm »

Hi ,

i am pakistani origin working as a IT professional here in Riyadh - Saudi arabia.....

Considering it is mid December already, I doubt the appeal will be finished by January 3rd. But if you want to appeal, the appeal is to be submitted to the embassy which issued the denial. The embassy should be able to provide guidance on which form to use to submit the appeal.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.00099999999999999s, 0q)