Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 18, 2024, 07:41:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

EEA FP unmarried partner

(Read 8286 times)
Jorge08

« on: April 18, 2013, 11:40:28 am »

Hello,

I'm non eea national living here in Spain. I entered Spain through Schengen visa. got a EEA national partner. We are both living together here in Madrid for more than 2 yrs . Now my schengen visa was already expired and obviously I am overstayed now. We want to work and stay permanently in UK.we have a proof that we are in durable relationship like empadronamiento(residence certificate), joint account, itinerary travel ticket both names, pictures, etc, I have read from the UKBA site that in applying EEA FP, you dont have to be lawfully resident in any country of your application. My question is:

1. Is it ok to apply EEA FP unmarried partner even though I am overstayed here in Spain?

I need your help please!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:47:12 am by Jorge08 » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: April 18, 2013, 11:40:28 am »

porsche

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 03:27:26 pm »

I believe you do not need to be present in person to submit the application, and you can also provide power of attorney. The point is that nobody knows that you overstayed your visa until you leave the country and they catch you. And someone else whom you authorise can take care of the application, so they won't know your status at the time of making the decision about your application.
Jorge08

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 03:42:27 pm »

Thanks for your reply.

But I need to submit my passport and they will gonna see my Schengen visa that affixed to my passport and it's not valid anymore.

I have read from their UKBA website that you dont have to be lawfully resident when applying EEA family permit. And one thing more if I can get an EEA FP, at the airport do you think they will not gonna trace that I overstay?

Where can I get that Power of Attorney here in Spain?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 03:45:06 pm by Jorge08 » Logged
porsche

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 03:48:06 pm »

The "lawfully resident when applying EEA family permit" means that you can apply while being in your home country. It does not mean that you can apply while staying here illegally.

But hey, I read your post again. You are currently in Spain, and you intend to live in the UK, right? You want to submit your application at the UK embassy in Spain, correct? If yes, what about travelling to your home country first and then submitting your application from there? If you get back to your home country without getting caught for overstaying Schengen visa, you would be applying for EEA having a legal status, the Schengen visa would not be an issue anymore.

Also, have you checked if applying online is an option for you? (nationals of some countries are eligible to apply the VAF5 application for EEA FP online)

Remember that the EEA national does not need to be present when you make your application, but she must be travelling to the UK with you, or must already be in the UK.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 03:49:57 pm by porsche » Logged
Jorge08

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 04:25:37 pm »

Ok thanks a lot porsche.

porsche

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 12:41:48 pm »

You are welcome. Let us know how your experience with how the application went, if everything was ok.
Jorge08

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2013, 09:00:05 am »

Got eea family permit approved! So obviously wether you are overstayer, illegal, or whatever your immigration status in the past you have still the right to enter Uk as long as you are a family member of an eea national!
porsche

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 01:51:14 pm »

Great news. Congratulations.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)