Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 26, 2024, 02:37:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Schengen Visa Student Visa/ 90 days afterwards?

(Read 4382 times)
laurenmichele0

« on: May 08, 2013, 04:28:14 pm »

Hi everyone, quick question:

I have a Schengen student visa that was issued in the united states for my studies in Italy. It lasts until June 30th, 2013, and it is a 6 month visa. My studies just ended in Italy, and I want to travel to Germany and possibly look for work. Do I have to leave the Schengen area on June 30th and re-enter Germany in order for my 90 days as a US tourist to begin, or can I just go to Germany now (May 8th) and stay until 90 days after my student visa ends?

Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: May 08, 2013, 04:28:14 pm »

josie

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 08:13:06 am »

Hi everyone, quick question:

I have a Schengen student visa that was issued in the united states for my studies in Italy. It lasts until June 30th, 2013, and it is a 6 month visa. My studies just ended in Italy, and I want to travel to Germany and possibly look for work. Do I have to leave the Schengen area on June 30th and re-enter Germany in order for my 90 days as a US tourist to begin, or can I just go to Germany now (May 8th) and stay until 90 days after my student visa ends?

Your student visa expires on June 30th. So if you overstay you'll be illegal in Germany. You have to either leave the work visa. Remember, you can't work on a tourist visa in Germany!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 04:33:27 pm by josie » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.086 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)