Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 10:24:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Longterm Schengen Visa

(Read 8238 times)
eunicejs
Semi-Newbie

« on: June 26, 2013, 03:14:47 pm »

Hello. I need some information please. I applied for a longterm language visa to Germany but it was denied with reason being that I am repeating the course. I have already done other language courses in Germany but with shortterm visas. I dont plan to repeat but to advance the course. But I was not provided with an option to appeal like with the shortterm visa. Has anyone been denied a long term visa and is it possible to appeal it?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: June 26, 2013, 03:14:47 pm »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 03:36:36 pm »

...denied with reason being that I am repeating the course

This sounds strange, can you, please, post what exactly is written in the letter (or wherever you got the reasoning from)?
eunicejs
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 01:04:33 pm »

Hi Danisara. The reply was in German. I have done German courses in both my country and German upto to B1 level. I wanted to continue on to B2 Level. The course came with training for working in Germany and internship. I have been wondering if that was the reason for denial.
"Die Voraussetzungen fuer ein Visum zom Sprachkurs liegen nicht vor. Es handelt sich nicht um einen studienvorbereitenden Sprachkurs und der Zweck des wiederholten Spracherwerbes wurde nicht dargelegt."
danisara

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 01:49:16 pm »

They way I understand the situation between the lines is that you were planning on taking some German language course which they however do not consider as "good enough" to get a visa. I may be wrong, but their reply makes an impression on me that they think your course does not require you to get long term visa, and perhaps there is also a misunderstanding in them thinking that you want to take the same course again. What kind of course is it? Is it affiliated with some university, is the course a prerequisite for getting into some study programme, does the course end with some internationally recognized exam and certificate?
eunicejs
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 04:53:08 pm »

Hi Danisara. I did get a reply from the embassy after I appealed. They canceled the first denial reason and gave me a new one which I found strange. Said the course was not a preparation for studies since it was part-time, and that I did not show reason to return because I never presented documents of my social standing. Its crazy because I had traveled to Germany twice before and other Schengen countries and they had even encouraged me to apply for a multiple entry visa because of my record.
Anyway, in the requirements section for studying in Germany, my financial or social standing was not required, especially if I had a sponsor which I did and presented the required documents. intended to attend the school briefly for some months before our documents for marriage were issued. They came after the denial and I plan to now apply a for longterm marriage visa. I hope the other denial won't affect my new application. But I have documents with me to prove we had intention to marry early on and had already communicated this to the embassy, so its not just an escape route because I was denied the school visa.
danisara

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 11:34:01 am »

I did get a reply from the embassy after I appealed. They canceled the first denial reason and gave me a new one which I found strange.

Wow, this is just ridiculous. Reverting a denial to just another denial. It seems like one clerk makes a mistake, so the other one instead of saying "sorry" says, "he made a mistake, but anyway, you are doomed, haha, I am not giving it to you anyway". I feel sorry for you.
eunicejs
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 04:45:53 pm »

Thanks Danisara, but its ok. At least the denial gave me good time to prepare for my wedding:). Wonder what case they will build next time round I go for a visa:) I can always start school next year....
danisara

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 03:13:06 pm »

I wonder too. Good luck and keep us posted.
eunicejs
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2013, 11:38:25 am »

Hi Danisara. I applied for a family reunion visa two days ago. I got married early October. Now I have to wait upto 9 weeks for approval.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)