Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 06:45:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Need some advice on german visa refusal

(Read 5601 times)
naresa

« on: July 13, 2013, 01:05:28 am »

Hi everyone,

I found this site when I was trying to find info on how to make an appeal for visa refusal.

I am currently a student in the UK and I am planning to visit Germany and stay with my cousins for about 2 weeks, then I'll be backpacking on my own to Austria, France, and Spain. I have a formal obligation letter from my cousin (German resident) that should cover my stay in Germany.
Also, I have the bank statement as a mean to support myself for the trip after Germany. The available balance on the account covers more than the amount suggested by the Embassy. I also have the evidences of pre-paid transportation and hotel reservation.

I was denied a visa from Germany Embassy London on July 10, 2013, giving the reasons that;

‘you have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence, for the duration of the intended stay or for the return to the country of origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted, or you are not in a position to acquire such means lawfully’

and that,

‘you do not have enough money to finance your trip’,

However, I think that my circumstances merit a re-consideration due to the fact that I have prepared all relevant documents according to the embassy's requirements including the official bank statement with sufficient fund, both the original and the copy, upon my visa application with VFS on 8 July 2013

However, the VFS staff at the counter would not accept and return my bank statement, both the original and the copy. I asked her why and she informed me that I already have the formal obligation letter from a German person, therefore, the bank statement is not needed, even though, she was well aware of the fact that I intend to visit other EU countries after Germany before coming back to the UK.

She, instead, handed me back the bank statement, the original and the copy, along with other transportation evidences even though that was my intention to submit all relevant documents as stated on Germany Embassy Website.

As in my case, I believe I have been treated unfairly with a bad administration of VFS and that resulted in my visa refusal. VFS staff should not have informed incorrect information to the applicant and interfered with his/her intended documents for visa application.

Please advise me if I should go ahead with the appeal, do you think that it is reasonable?
I have talked to VFS many times and they have not been helpful at all, all they said was their staff was right and she would not accept documents that are not required (come on! the bank statement is more important than anything!)
However, I am not sure how long this is going to take and I plan to leave London to Germany on 15 August 2013, everything has been paid for and arranged.

Or do you guys think I should just re-apply for the visa?

Please help me on this, I deeply appreciate it.

Thank you Smiley

« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 01:08:29 am by naresa » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: July 13, 2013, 01:05:28 am »

Paulo

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 11:46:23 am »

Hey Naresa,

i am sorry to hear about your refusal, it happened to me the same thing here in Dubai, i had all the documents with me,but the assistant at The VFS kept returning them to me, that they dont need them, and now guess what, i lost it. My visa has been refused twice, with the same reason, that my intention to come back before the expiry if the visa could not be ascertained. My cousin lives in Hamburg, and i was going to visit her for 2 weeks, now i was forced to stay under 50 degrees in Dubai because of this stupid assistant. on 23rd am going to appeal, lets do it anyway Undecided
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:46:34 am by Paulo » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)