Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 20, 2024, 07:13:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Visa for non EEA Wife

(Read 4772 times)
stevie1403

« on: July 22, 2013, 07:42:27 am »

Hi all I have been searching high and low but seem unable to find information relating to my exact circumstance.

I am a British Citizen living in Thailand for the last 9 years.. I am married to a Thai and we have a daughter who also has a British passport.

I have been offered a job in Spain and me and my wife feel it is a good opportunity for us.

I understand that it is easy enough for my daughter and I as we are British nationals. But what about my wife?

What would be the appropriate course of action for her.

Does she apply for a schengen visa or an eea family member permit?

What are the requirements ?

How long to process the application?

How long is the visa valid for?

Can she work in Spain?

All replies are welcome  and we thank you in advance for your help ...

Regards

Steve

Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: July 22, 2013, 07:42:27 am »

porsche

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:18:38 pm »

Hi,

the "EEA Family Permit" is a UK document. Spain does not use this document. I am not quite sure how it works for "UK nationals" living in the Schengen territory (note: UK is not a part of the Schengen territory), but if you were a national of any country that has joined the Schengen territory, your wife would need to apply for so-called "visa for family members of EU/EEA citizens". For UK citizens living in Spain, it might be the same through some Spain-UK bilateral agreement, but as I said, I am not sure, so better check with the Spanish consulate. The "visa for family members of EU/EEA citizens" is one option. Another option is to apply for regular 90-days Schengen visa, and then once you are in your destination, then apply at the nearest Foreigners Office (Oficina de Extranjeros) for so-called "EU citizen Family Member Residence Card".
porsche

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 02:21:22 pm »

PS: Here is a list of immigration offices in Spain. You will most likely need to visit one of them once your wife gets to Spain.

http://www.mpt.gob.es/en/servicios/extranjeria/extranjeria_ddgg.html
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)