Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 10:32:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Appeal when banned from the Schengen Area

(Read 5051 times)
Filipe_dls

« on: August 24, 2013, 02:35:41 am »

Hello everyone!

I'm from the USA and i was in Denmark as an international student from January to July and, as you know, my visa was only valid for 3 months. So as soon as i arrived to Denmark i asked for my residence permit which never came (during all the 6 months). So when i was leaving Denmark my visa was out of date and i overstayed my Schengen visa. Now i'm banned from the Shengen area for 3 year. My question is, since it is the fault of the danish Municipality, is there any way for me to appeal my banishment?

Thanks for your time,

Filipe
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 24, 2013, 02:35:41 am »

bugibar

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:45:07 pm »

You can try to submit an appeal, but I doubt that this excuse would revert their decision. It is hard to say whether it was the fault of the municipality. Perhaps they denied your residence permit application, and the letter just got lost on the way to you? Perhaps they reply to applications only when the response is positive? However, if you are lucky and later receive the residence permit which would show it had been valid before your visa expired, then I would definitely submit the appeal.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)