Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 10:03:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

How recent is recent?

(Read 6357 times)
thailen

« on: August 28, 2013, 07:56:05 am »

My filipina girl friend has a September 4th appointment in Manila at the Czech Embassy. She is a student and has a letter to that effect from her school dated July 30,2013.
Is that recent enough to satisfy that question on the Schengen application?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 28, 2013, 07:56:05 am »

steven

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 02:46:33 pm »

There is no law that would define the term "recent". It depends on the officer in charge. Does the letter also say that she still will be a student also after the summer break?
thailen

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 03:15:53 pm »

No, but it says she is currently a student. Is it the student's responsibility to explain or prove she continues to study there or is it the school's responsibility to state that she will be a student until_____? In Thailand, educational visas are normally good for 15 months...
steven

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 11:29:30 am »

The student can try to explain anything, it would of course be better of some official document issued by the school confirmed her status. But, anyway, how did it go, was she lucky?
thailen

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 02:43:57 pm »

Funny, they accepted the date(one month old), but asked two questions: 1.How long did the host know her or me(her sponsor) 2. How much money did I have in my bank account(even though copies of HER account showed enough money to finance the trip!)? We E-mailed the answers and supplied the copies of my current bank account statements. in two days. She got the visa.
steven

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 03:11:56 pm »

Great news, congratulations.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)