Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 12:54:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Help on Netherlands Visa in London (URGENT)

(Read 4325 times)
Eldchndr

« on: November 26, 2013, 11:50:05 pm »

Hi,

I am an Indonesian studying in the UK (under tier 4 general visa) and plan to travel to the Netherlands, Germany and Austria in Christmas.

I applied for my visa last week and got rejected today, the reason being:
'Justification for the purpose and circumstances of the intended stay was not provided. Although you have stated that the primary destination in your journey is the Netherlands, this is not supported by the documents submitted'

I have submitted all my documents such as bank statements, school letters, insurance, hotel bookings, return flight details. The only problem I can think if is that I stated that the reason to travel was to visit a family/friend but did not give any letter of invitation.

Initially I planned to meet my friend in Amsterdam on 22 Dec and leave on 25 to Germany. He studies in Germany and lives there so I will be staying at his place. (I did not state this in my application form)

Hence I also did not provide any accommodation details after the 25th. Thus do you think this might be the problem why my visa is rejected ?

Now, my holiday plans have been updated. I will not be meeting my friend but will be travelling with my parents instead (their visa is already granted in the Netherlands Embassy in Indonesia) I have also booked all the hotels after my stay in Amsterdam and until the day I return to London, 3 Jan. I have booked an appointment for the Netherlands visa application on Thursday and this time will state tourism as my purpose of travel and provide all my accommodation details.

Or do you think I should just send an appeal letter ? I've read that appealing has more chances of granting your visa, though I'm not sure how credible this is. But the problem with appealing is that there is no certain time as to when they will reply your letter.

Considering the proximity of my travel plans(around 3 weeks), I think re-applying is a better option. What do you think ?

Your help is greatly appreciated as I'm feeling extremely confused right now.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 26, 2013, 11:50:05 pm »

Eldchndr

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 12:06:39 am »

Also, should I enclose a letter in my new application form stating that there was a slight mistake in the purpose of travel. But now I will be travelling with my parents to Europe. The hotel reservation is under their names and they have also been granted a visa in Indonesia.

Do you think this kind of letter would help ?

Thank you
atari

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 04:24:09 pm »

A new visa application is probably faster than waiting for a visa appeal. However, the reason for travel being visiting a friend or traveling parents does not make much difference, I would say. Make sure you document well you itinerary, and plans of your stay. Where you want to go, what you want to do.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)