Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 01:00:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

ESTADOS SCHENGEN TYPE 'C' SINGLE ENTRY PORTUGAL

(Read 25471 times)
johnallendj

« on: January 20, 2014, 12:01:28 pm »

Hello,

I am a resident of UAE (Dubai), I applied for my schengen visa thru Portugal embassy for a 20 days holidays in Europe. I was granted with single entry visa with a validity of 30 days in Schengen area however, my visa title says  valid for : "ESTADOS SCHENGEN". what does it mean? Does it mean that i am not allowed to enter any other states in the Schengen area?

Also, I would like to know if i can travel from Dubai to France and to Portugal? I will enter France only for my transit purpose. I don't intend to stay in France.

I am a bit worried as my travel agent has ticket options which are not direct flights from Dubai to Portugal. My flight options are either thru France or Swiss or Amsterdam.

I really appreciate your time and valuable comments which will help me decide my trip.

Many thanks,
Allen
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: January 20, 2014, 12:01:28 pm »

bugibar

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 05:12:54 pm »

"ESTADOS SCHENGEN" is Spanish for "Schengen states (countries)". So, it is the other way around, you are allowed to travel not only to Portugal, but to all Schengen countries. If you enter Portugal directly, you will be safe. If you just transfer via France at the airport, then it is not a problem. If you enter France with your Portugese visa first (for example you travel via air to Paris and the via train to Lisboa), you should be ok, but you might be questioned at the border control and will have to prove that you intend to reach Portugal as your destination.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)