Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 10:54:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

VISA Appeal Cost in Berlin Administration Court

(Read 8547 times)
prottoy

« on: May 25, 2014, 11:34:22 am »

Hi,
My sister and her 4-years old daughter have been rejected visa twice to visit me in Germany. She filed a case at the Berlin Administrative Court providing all supporting documents relating to her economic, social and professional involvements in her home country and also submitting 723 euro administration cost to Berlin VW court. The rejection was for the embassy's claim about insufficient proof that they will not return from the member countries if they are issued visas. One of my sister's strong argument, which seemingly weaken the embassy's argument, is that she already visited NL and returned on time.
Now before the case goes to the court, the embassy wants her and her daughter to issue visas under the condition that she withdraws the case, which will cost her 723 euro. The embassy wants her to reply in 3 weeks mentioning that her acceptance of their offer also means her loosing of the money she submitted. The embassy also mentioned that she will need to pay additiona cost if the case goes to the court. In this condition, if any of you can give me the following information:
- will there be any other costs if the case goes to the court?
- is it necessary to appoint a lawyer if the case goes to the court (meaning extra cost)?
- how long it might take for the court to settle the case?

She needs these information especially the future cost related issues to decide whether she will proceed with the court or accept the embassy's offer loosing the already submitted money...

I appreciate a quick reply.
Regards,
Prottoy
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: May 25, 2014, 11:34:22 am »

Fafzal

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 12:34:31 pm »

First of all the cost involved is too much? did u hire a lawyer or the fees includes only court fees?
prottoy

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 08:52:54 pm »

we have not yet appointed a lawyer. it was only court fee. do you know who will take over the cost for lawyer if we finally win the case?
Fafzal

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 08:35:48 am »

I am not an expert but once you win the case u can probably file a case for compensation on the basis of wrongful decision. everything will be mentioned on the court decision.
steven

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 08:38:18 am »

723 euro for a court fee?? This is highly suspicious and outrageous. The offer from the embassy is also questionable. I think your case is beyond the scope of a free internet forum. I suggest you hire a lawyer to help you handle the cause. From what I am reading, I would worry that someone just wants to rip you off, and for that case you need a help of someone who knows the local law, customs and conditions.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)