Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 04:06:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Appeal - visa denial by Italian embassy

(Read 20954 times)
Erika

« on: July 15, 2014, 04:25:05 pm »

Hi everyone,

Can someone please help me?

My tourist visa application to Europe was refused recently by the Italian embassy even though I have submitted all the required documents. I would like to make an appeal, however, there is a statement on the refusal letter that confuses me:

"Against this refusal you could, eventually, file an appeal to the T.A.R.of Lazio, with the assistance of a lawyer, within 60 days from the notification of this letter."

Does it mean we can write an appeal letter ourselves first? or do all appeals to the Italian embassy need to go through a lawyer?

I could not find any information about the appeal procedure for Italian embassy, nor does it instruct on the refusal letter. I tried to call and confirm with the Italian embassy in my country (Vietnam) where it was processed. They said they could not answer me on the phone and requested me to enquire via email. It has been two weeks and I still have not heard from them. I've been trying to call again and again to see if they have received my email and to check when I can expect to hear from them. Strangely, no one answers the phone since then. The line is always busy even though I tried to call back every 10 minutes or so, for the last two weeks.

Is there anyone here who has made appeal against the Italian embassy before?

Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions!

Regards,

Erika
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: July 15, 2014, 04:25:05 pm »

steven

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 07:48:06 am »

Hello, here is a thread with similar experience from the Italian embassy:

What is the mailing address of Admin. Regional Tribunal of the Lazio Region?

How to write the visa appeal letter, see for example here:

Schengen Visa Appeal

There is a link to a visa appeal template too.

Share you experience with us. Thank you.
RMK

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 02:54:20 pm »

Hi everyone,

Can someone please help me?

My tourist visa application to Europe was refused recently by the Italian embassy even though I have submitted all the required documents. I would like to make an appeal, however, there is a statement on the refusal letter that confuses me:

"Against this refusal you could, eventually, file an appeal to the T.A.R.of Lazio, with the assistance of a lawyer, within 60 days from the notification of this letter."

Does it mean we can write an appeal letter ourselves first? or do all appeals to the Italian embassy need to go through a lawyer?

I could not find any information about the appeal procedure for Italian embassy, nor does it instruct on the refusal letter. I tried to call and confirm with the Italian embassy in my country (Vietnam) where it was processed. They said they could not answer me on the phone and requested me to enquire via email. It has been two weeks and I still have not heard from them. I've been trying to call again and again to see if they have received my email and to check when I can expect to hear from them. Strangely, no one answers the phone since then. The line is always busy even though I tried to call back every 10 minutes or so, for the last two weeks.

Is there anyone here who has made appeal against the Italian embassy before?

Thank you in advance for any advice or suggestions!

Regards,

Erika

same thing happened with my mom's visa application, we provided all the necessary documents, even complied with all the additional documents they asked to avoid visa application refusal but they still denied the visa. Now, we need to appeal 12 days before her intended travel date. It's sad because they made us wait for a long period of time 1 month PIASI and more than 1 month in the italian embassy in manila and when my mom got her passport it was refused with unfair reason.
yaris

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 02:34:06 pm »

Unfortunately the visa decision process is made up of people, all with their motives, attitudes, interests, point of views. Good luck on your appeal. Be prepared for a few weeks of waiting.
Denied123

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 06:59:16 am »

Hi guys,

I recently applied for a short-stay Shengen visa in Spanish embassy and I got denied because of 4 hits. I am from the Philippines.

1. Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided
2. You have not provided proof of sufficient means of subsistence, for the duration of intended stay or for the return to the country of origin or residence, or for transit to a third country into which you are certain to be admitted, or you are not in a position to acquire such means lawfully.
3. The information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.
4. Your intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa could not be ascertained.

Brief background:

>My intended stay to Spain and France is 24 days starting from Madrid to Seville to Valencia to Barcelona and then to Nice, France.  I will be traveling as a solo backpacker and will stay on backpacker hostels. Between cities, my main commute of travel would be by bus or a car-sharing service. While I will be staying on the cities mentioned, I will have few side trips on nearby cities that would consist of half or whole day.

>I am earning an above average salary relative to the general population in my country.

>My travel is an annual vacation leave which I traditionally do every year.

Things I have missed submitting:

Letter to the consul-general stating my intention and purpose to visit Spain.
My credit card statements
My payslips of the last 3 months
I also think my flight reservation is already expired at this point.

*The reason I have not submitted these was because my friend advised me to submit it only when the interviewer ask for the document. I actually brought these documents during the interview. Turns out, my friend was actually referring to his experience in applying for US Visa, not Shengen.

**I have not also submitted all my bank account statements, just half of it because I thought the amount I have presented were enough. I have 2 bank accounts from 2 banks, and a single account from 3 different banks. The bank statement I have presented to the embassy amounts to $9,433.00 dollars in total. Unfortunately, I realized that the bank statements I have presented to the embassy were recently opened accounts (opened this year). But these funds came from my old bank accounts which I have decided to put on different banks as time deposits because of higher interest yields.

I have also forgot to mention, that out of the 3 bank statements I have presented, 2 of those were time deposits and 2 are liquid and withdrawable. This is the reason why I am highly-confused as to why I got a hit stating that I dont have sufficient funds. Unless the reason were the newly opened accounts, that does not have much transaction movement (as they were time deposits).

What I plan to provide in the appeal:

>Letter to the consul-general stating my reason for visit, summary of place and days I will be staying, the mode of transport and hostels. (Note: I have already provided a comprehensive itineraries and hostel booking confirmation in the first submission, but not the letter)
>Proof that the newly-opened bank accounts came from a withdrawal from my old existing bank accounts.
>The other bank statements I did not provide, including the time deposit cerfiticate.
>Proof that I wont be staying to Europe beyond the stated days. Inform them that this is an annual vacation leave and providing them a breakdown of countries I have visited each year beforehands as indicated in my old passport stamps.
>Certificate of approved leave of absence
>Stocks and govt bonds (as a proof that I will come back to my country as I have investments here)
>Payslips of the last 3 months, cc card statements including credit limits, COE of my current and previous employment as proof that I have earned this money by myself lawfully.

QUESTIONS:

Is it okay to provide additional and new documents? For example as I have stated above, I have not provided all my bank statements because I thought that the ones I submitted were already more than enough. However, I failed to present some old and existing bank accounts that actually shows more cash movements.

Is it okay to provide a summary of breakdown in the letter of appeal so that they can easily organize their thoughts from all the documents that were provided? Is it okay to provide more than 3 pages of letter of appeal explaining the proof of the documents?

Is it okay to highlight or put a post-it (with a note) on the submitted documents so it would be easier for them to find what they are looking for?

Lastly, based on your expertise, please tell me what I have done wrong to get denied?
painemi

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 06:26:05 pm »

Hi! My student visa application to Spain was also denied due to insufficient funds and said I did not meet the requirements of the school which is not true because I'm already enrolled. I'm planning to file an appeal as well. Sad
steven

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 09:54:22 am »

Is it okay to provide additional and new documents? For example as I have stated above, I have not provided all my bank statements because I thought that the ones I submitted were already more than enough. However, I failed to present some old and existing bank accounts that actually shows more cash movements.

Is it okay to provide a summary of breakdown in the letter of appeal so that they can easily organize their thoughts from all the documents that were provided? Is it okay to provide more than 3 pages of letter of appeal explaining the proof of the documents?

Is it okay to highlight or put a post-it (with a note) on the submitted documents so it would be easier for them to find what they are looking for?

Lastly, based on your expertise, please tell me what I have done wrong to get denied?

Hi, based on your post, you seem to be well prepared, I think you just had bad luck with your visa application being reviewed by the wrong person. Yes, it is ok to provide new documents, as a matter of fact, new documents is the substance that should help you to win the appeal. Anything that helps to organize your submitted documents is beneficial. The length of an appeal is not limmited, but bear in mind that the longer it is, you increase the chance that important facts that you wish to convey will go by unnoticed. I would structure the appeal in the same order as the reasons listed in your visa denial letter and provide arguments for each. Good luck with your appeal, share your experience with others, let us know your outcome.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.09 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)