Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 04:42:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Encrypt CD or DVD

(Read 18413 times)
steven

« on: October 30, 2008, 08:54:13 pm »

Who can tell me how to protect content on my CD or DVD. Is there some way to encrypt this or something so that if someone steals the CD or DVD so that he would not be able to get my files?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: October 30, 2008, 08:54:13 pm »

atari

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 11:51:14 am »

I would suggest TrueCrypt. It is a free open-source disk encryption software for Windows Vista/XP, Mac OS X, and Linux.

Main Features:
  • Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
  • Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
  • Encryption is automatic and real-time (on-the-fly).
ramki
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 02:10:20 pm »

Who can tell me how to protect content on my CD or DVD. Is there some way to encrypt this or something so that if someone steals the CD or DVD so that he would not be able to get my files?

You can also zip up your stuff and when zipping it up, protect the zip file with password. WinZip can do this.
itt011

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 09:47:54 am »

An encryption program for CDs and DVDs and media cards as well as laptops and UBS drives is a good idea for preventing data loss or theft.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 03:22:20 pm by itt011 » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)