Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 12:35:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Schengen visa Type C -Multi entry

(Read 7121 times)
Farahleb

« on: October 05, 2014, 03:11:59 pm »

Hello,
I have a schengen visa, issued by Greece valid for "SCHENGEN STATES" from 10-08-2014 till 09-02-2015, Type C- Multi entry- days of stay: 90
I applied for this visa to visit Greece and I did go there for 6 days from 10-08 till 15-08-2014.
Can i use this visa to go to Paris, France  and Italy for 11 days at the end of October 2014 (From October 30 till November 09/2014)??
I want to go directly to Paris without entering Greece, my itinerary is Beirut-Paris-Venice-Florence-Beirut.
I am almost 99% sure that i can, just need to be 200% sure.
OF course, i am aware that i must have a valid insurance and a hotel booking, but other than that i will not face any problem?

Thank you
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: October 05, 2014, 03:11:59 pm »

bugibar

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 09:18:29 am »

If the visa is valid for "Shengen States" and "multiple entry", then yes, you can use it to travel also to Paris in addition to Greese. Greece should be the main point of your journey, your main destination, it does not need to be the first country on your itinerary. No public forum gives you a 200% assurance, for decision making purpose, always rely on the official sources (embassies) only.
Donnie
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 11:51:03 am »

The first time you'd indeed have Greece as your main destination (longest stay) but on future travels to the Schengen area on the multiple entry visa (MEV) you are no longer required to to go Greece. So yes on your MEV you could visit just France. Ofcourse takign into account the validity of the visa (it will eventually expire) and the maximum days of stay (90 in a rolling 180 window: on arrival look back 180 days and make sure you do not exceed 90 days, on day 2 look bak 180 days and see if you do not exceed the 90 days limit and so on).

A MEV would be kinda pointless if you'd Always need to visit the country that issued it, a business(wo)man for instance might visit Germany for their frist trip and on future trips visit other Schengen countries with no plans to visit Germany. That's perfectly alright. The same ofcourse applies to MEVs issued for tourist purposes.

But indeed you need to make sure it's valid in all Schengen nationas,  if it's only valid in one/some then ofcourse those territorial restictions apply. Such restrictions will be indicated on the visa sticker (Valid in: *country codes*)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 11:52:40 am by Donnie » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)