Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 10:39:56 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Google supplemental pages??

(Read 21478 times)
pawel
Semi-Newbie

« on: October 30, 2008, 09:00:32 pm »

I had a ton of pages indexed in Google, but suddenly many of them disappeared. I am reading about the supplemental index but can't find a way to find out which of my pages are in the supplemental pages index and why they were thrown in there. Why??
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: October 30, 2008, 09:00:32 pm »

steven

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 10:34:07 am »

Yeah, Google is strange in their indexing, sometimes they throw it in, then they throw it out. Here is how to find out how many supplemental index pages you have:

Code:
site:www.example.com *** -view
atari

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 10:36:11 am »

In case you are wondering how to find out how many pages you have in the main index, try this:

Code:
site:www.example.com -allinurl:www.example.com

martinsherman
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 01:42:32 pm »

If the supplemental problem has only hit your site recently (as compared to the date of this post) it may be a Google specific problem that has caused them to dump thousands of sites recently.

Believe it or not, other than the home page most of this site is currently in supplemental results as of typing this, and with the current Google hole you can throw sites into supplemental hell within 72 hours.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:19:15 pm by martinsherman » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)