Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 09:40:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

How the speed of expansion of the internet affects SEO?

(Read 16122 times)
indian
Semi-Newbie

« on: November 14, 2008, 04:22:11 pm »

Guys,

one mindbogling question. Before the invention of blogs, the internet was growing at some rate. Now, with everyone having his/her own site, blog, whatever, the rate at which the internet grows must be accelerating extremely. I am really puzzled when I realize what an ingenious thing Google is. (I am in no way affiliated with them or want to praise them for the sake of praising them, I am really just thinking about the technology.) Perhaps it is just the lack of my knowledge, but I am wondering how does it google do that they have indexed every word from every site. Where do they put all that information? I am running just two tiny websites and even though they are nothing on the internet stage, if I google up my name or something specific from my websites (it does not even need to be in the title tag or so, just something specific), google finds it. How is that possible? For example, if I type ksgk6l3020km here now, let's see if someone will be able to google it up after a while once it is indexed. Man, this is really puzzling my mind.

And the question is - SEO techniques that work today, how will they work in a few years? How will they evolve? What is ahead of us?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 14, 2008, 04:22:11 pm »

pawel
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 07:37:30 pm »

As the internet grows, so do search engines. Search engines are getting better and better at providing the information that genuine users genuinely want to find. And so does SEO evolves. Every time a search engine is improved, the SEO world finds a way to "exploit" it and the other way around. It is a cat-mice game.
indian
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 07:42:37 pm »

As the internet grows, so do search engines. Search engines are getting better and better at providing the information that genuine users genuinely want to find. And so does SEO evolves. Every time a search engine is improved, the SEO world finds a way to "exploit" it and the other way around. It is a cat-mice game.

Well, it is obvious that SEO guys are trying to trick search engines and search engines are trying to be one step ahead. One thing is observable though, SEO has become much more complicated over time. While it took to have a valid page and good design to get good ranking a few years ago, it takes quite some effort these days. So, theoretically, if the trend continues, could we get to the point where SEO will be so hard that it will be imposible or not worth it?
yaris

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 07:50:04 pm »

Here is a great video that talks about the speed at which information expands.

mms://a215.v47369f.c47369.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/215/47369/v0001/sonybmgsftp.download.akamai.com/34732/promommxnonflash/GMM_Rome_DidYouKnow_300.wmv
indian
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 07:57:20 pm »

Wow, this is unbelievable. The video says "It is estimated that 4 exabytes (4.0x10^19) of unique informatin will be generated this year." It is beyond imagination how much information gets generated each moment.

It is obvious that this must have some effect on the evolution of SEO, and the question is how it will evolve.

When I started this thread 2 weeks ago, I started a test. I wrote "ksgk6l3020km" in the first post, and now let's see if Google can find this web page through this key word. YES, IT DID! I just searched for "ksgk6l3020km", and this thread did come up in Google. It is astonishing. This key word was not even in the page title, it was just a word like any other, yet it got indexed by Google. How is this possible? This word is only a single word out of soooo much data on the internet. Does Google store each and every word ever published anywhere, or how did it find this page then?
D.Hooli
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 09:47:32 pm »

When I edit html files from my computer, they keep opening in the same browser that I have opened. How do I fix it so that html files will open in their own windows?
atari

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 09:33:15 pm »

When I edit html files from my computer, they keep opening in the same browser that I have opened. How do I fix it so that html files will open in their own windows?

I think you are looking for the setting that is called Reuse windows for launching shortcuts. This page describes the effect in MS Outlook, but since the setting takes place in MSIE, it will be related to your problem as well.
InForumz
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 01:33:39 am »

I'm not sure what operating system you are using but an easy work around is simply right clicking the link and selecting open in new window. Hope this helps.
Pansophic

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 06:41:34 pm »

the expansion of internet and SEO move hand in hand because the search engines are the most helpful tools for any person on internet to find anything he wants
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 23 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)