Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 01:44:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Getting blurred image

(Read 13088 times)
rajeshism

« on: May 18, 2009, 07:34:33 am »

Hi,

I am facing one problem in image , when I upload logo in our web site the image we see is blurred not very sharp or good looking , when I see the image on our desktop it is very good but the problem starts when I upload the same image. I have scanned the image in very high resolution also but get the similar output. I have another chalenge to keep the image size as short as possible.

I am using php . Please help how to solve this .

Regards,

Rajesh Mishra
rajeshism@yahoo.com
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: May 18, 2009, 07:34:33 am »

steven

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 09:57:25 pm »

There might be something that converts the image on the way. Try these steps

- check the extension and the size of the image file when on your local and when on the site - is it the same?
- open your web browser and open the image in it when it is stored on your local - is it blurred?
- after you upload the logo and see it blurred in your browser, download it back to local (do the right click and save as) and take a look at it - is it blurred?

and let me know results.

Note: When scanning images to be placed on a web, 96 or 120 DPI is usually good enough. More DPI is not better as you probably think, more DPI is a problem because you then use software to decrease it which can cause the distortion too.

Note: Encoding can be a problem that might cause blurring too. When saving as JPG, save with quality 94. Or, use PNG.
TanyVady73
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 05:39:07 am »

Please provide more info like browser and type of the image and post the css and html code?
anzibar
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 04:58:24 pm »

I have scanned the image in very high resolution also but get the similar output.

This is what causes the problem. Most laptops and office desktops work with 96 or 120 DPI. When scanning an image that you intend to post on a web site, it makes no sense to scan it with the highest possible resolution. Why? When you scan it with 1200 DPI, the image will be 10 times larger than your original when you display it on the screen. This will make you want to downscale it to 1:1 ratio or so. The computer will have to convert it 10 times to get it to the 1:1 ratio. And, it is obvious that with 10x conversion, some of the information from the image will be lost which is what causes the blurriness.
Adam Raj

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 01:38:17 pm »

For solving this problem u can use the actual pictures.So that u can find well.
Pansophic

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 06:06:51 pm »

this problem is may be becuase of the format of the image file Smiley
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)