Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 19, 2024, 11:04:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Can I start a new 180 day period?

(Read 4096 times)
SerendipitousNomads

« on: January 08, 2015, 05:24:36 pm »

I need some Schengen visa assistance and I can't find anything regarding my situation in any searches elsewhere so hopefully someone here might be able to help me out...

I am Australian and arrived in the Schengen zone and commenced a Tourist Schengen Visa 90/180 day period.

I researched and found out that Portugal allowed me to extend my Schengen visa and stay an extra 90 days after the initial 90 days, provided I only use this visa for Portugal and not other Schengen member states. (Type C Visitor visa).
During this period, I travelled to Morocco through Spain and returned to Portugal without any issues with Spanish immigration.

My extension Type C Visa is soon to expire.  It will also be 180 days since my initial visa was commenced.
Would it be possible to start a new Tourist Schengen Visa 90/180 day period?

I wish to visit the Netherlands to see family for a period of one month before leaving to go back to Australia.

Does anyone have experience starting a new 180 day period whilst already in the schengen zone? Do you have to take your passport to an immigration authority to be stamped for a new period and if so, where do you go?

Or to start a new period, do you have to exit and re-enter the schengen zone?

Or, am I not entitled to start a new 180 day period until I have been outside the EU for 3 months?

Thanks in advance!
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: January 08, 2015, 05:24:36 pm »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 09:57:49 am »

The "visa" that you have from Portugal, is it really a "visa", or is it a "residence permit"? I am afraid, the 90/180 rule still applies here. The period does not start and end on any specific date, it is rather a moving time frame. Search this forum, there are many posts about how the 90/180 rule works around here.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)