Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 07:41:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Overstaying for 2-3 days in france because getting married consequences?

(Read 8422 times)
Zukha

« on: January 19, 2015, 08:31:27 pm »

Hi, i came to france with a visitor visa to join my boyfriend and we decided to get married (he is french) the wedding ceremony will be on 1 day after my visa expires as thats the earliest we could do, i will leave straight after the wedding but i will still be two days overstaying my visa which worries me very much? I read sime countries can extend visitors visa for few days, does anyone know if its possible and where to do that because i was told perfecture deals with permit not visas? Please help if you can as i have never overstayed before and really worried about it, i also intend to apply for a spouse visa afterwards so i m afraid it can cause a problem when i leave at the airport and when i apply! Thanks in advance
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: January 19, 2015, 08:31:27 pm »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 03:29:14 pm »

Extenstion to visa is possible, however in your case, I suggest changing the wedding data would be the easiest way to handle your situation.

As per the regulation (EC) No 810/2009, Visa Code, CHAPTER V, Article 33, an extension to a Schengen visa is possible: A) in exceptional cases where serious personal reasons arise after entry (30 eur fee), or B) for humanitarian reasons or in the case of force majeure (free extension) preventing you from leaving the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the period of validity of or the duration of stay authorised by the visa. This includes urgent medical treatment (where the applicant is incapable of travelling), sudden illness, urgent business or professional reasons which were not foreseeable before entry.

Conditions for extending a Schengen visa:

- satisfactory reasons for wanting to extend your visa, and you must present documents showing that you cannot return to your country of origin before your visa period ends
- enough money to support yourself
- remain covered by healthcare and/or travel insurance
- your passport must be valid for at least a further six months and must not have been issued more than ten years ago
- there must be no indications that you have other reasons for extending your visa, such as the intention to settle illegally
steven

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 03:31:00 pm »

Some Schengen countries also accept that a Schengen visa can be extended where the visa period has not been fully used because entry into the Schengen State was late. Germany is one of these countries.
robert555

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 03:31:17 pm »

How/where do you apply for an extension?
adonboi1

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 01:18:33 pm »

Am new here and I was trying to post on wall but I don't get... Please my visa was issued by Italy but the visa is for Malta, so when I get to Malta I move to Germany and I seek for asylum and I have spending over a year now... And I want to go back to my country please what can i do? Its possible for me to go to Italy and tell them that overstay and Or I give my passport to Germany that I lost it and find it and I want to buy ticket to go back to my county please help me. Thanks
steven

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 02:03:45 pm »

Am new here and I was trying to post on wall but I don't get... Please my visa was issued by Italy but the visa is for Malta, so when I get to Malta I move to Germany and I seek for asylum and I have spending over a year now... And I want to go back to my country please what can i do? Its possible for me to go to Italy and tell them that overstay and Or I give my passport to Germany that I lost it and find it and I want to buy ticket to go back to my county please help me. Thanks

In general, you should apply for visa and travel without intention that you will overstay the visa. Overstaying the visa could get you a ban and prevent you from your ability to travel to the Schengen area at all. Overstaying Schengen visa can be detected on only at the point of entry/exit, but while inside any Schengen country as well (for example you get hit by a car, and the police will check your background).
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)