Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 06:45:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Effect of hosting provider location on SEO?

(Read 11580 times)
atari

« on: November 14, 2008, 05:02:49 pm »

Hi, I am based in Germany, and I am looking around for a VPS hosting. I have narrowed down my options to 2 options, either Germany or USA.

I heard that if my host is in Germany, that will help my German search ranking, but that if my host is in the US, it will help my US ranking. Is this really true? Why would it be so? Is it some kind of algorithm that assumes added relevance if the host is local?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 14, 2008, 05:02:49 pm »

mod

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 05:18:49 pm »

Hi, I am based in Germany, and I am looking around for a VPS hosting. I have narrowed down my options to 2 options, either Germany or USA.

I heard that if my host is in Germany, that will help my German search ranking, but that if my host is in the US, it will help my US ranking. Is this really true? Why would it be so? Is it some kind of algorithm that assumes added relevance if the host is local?

I do not think the location of the hosting provider has any effect on SEO, if it does it is very minor.

One related and important thing .. the domain you have extremely affects SEO. Having exactly the same website on www.example.com or www.example.au makes a big big difference.

Also, consider performance. Even though global backbones are very quick, I can see some performance issues with having your web hosted on the other side of the globe. I have one website targeted for the US hosted in Europe, and I am thinking about moving it closer to my market..

Good luck. Just currious ... what is your website? What business are you in? Smiley
nikolas

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 08:53:04 pm »

you must be kidding  -  NIK
Pansophic

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 06:50:42 pm »

Location of hosting provider location does nt have any Effect on SEO
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)