Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 25, 2024, 01:04:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Italy

(Read 3978 times)
Gre2222

« on: March 14, 2015, 09:50:12 pm »

Hi there.

I'm a U.S. citizen, with an italian name and have traveled to italy many times, a few times a year without questions , usually just a quick stamp and smile. No over staying.

I was invited to stay at my friend's house in Capri from mid April until whenever. I was thinking of staying through August, maybe into September.  It is quite too soon to get a tourist visa as they will hold my passport until a decision is made. Additionally, I have to fly home (nyc) for a week in June for a wedding.  What are the chances of  being caught if I overstay upon exit?  Is it something that will automatically flag? I am flying in and out of Naples and will stay within Italy.

I have read that I can also apply for a 30 day extension upon entering Italy?
Thanks a lot
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: March 14, 2015, 09:50:12 pm »

steven

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 09:54:04 am »

If you read through this forum, you will see that overstaying visa is the most common question, so yes, people do get caught at the border when leaving the Schengen zone (European Union). Profiling at the border can play in your favor, in case you are a US citizen.

You can read about overstaying visa here: overstaying schengen visa
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)