Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 19, 2024, 01:13:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

A question about Schengen overstay.

(Read 5162 times)
mohnster_art

« on: March 30, 2015, 01:12:25 am »

I was in Barcelona last year for 5 months as a tourist, and in my ignorance of not knowing the laws overstayed my visa by 2 months. My best friend was also with me as we roomed together , when we left the country he didn't get stopped at customs, however, I did.

The customs official seemed to put something in the computer however I am not sure as she literally said NOTHING to me and gave me a dirty look when she gave me my passport back. My friend and I both received the same stamp in our passports and nothing was said to me.

I am returning in a couple of months and am wondering if you could shed any light on this or see if there is a way to tell if I was flagged at all, I am not sure what to think since nothing was said to me, and I wasn't scolded or signed any papers.

I am also in the process of getting my Italian citizenship just to cover myself, but any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

-Chris
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: March 30, 2015, 01:12:25 am »

yaris

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 06:51:11 am »

Since you were not given any documents to sign, I would not suspect that you would have any negative record. When people overstay and get stopped at the border, they get an acknowledgement which they need to sign. You must be handsome or something if the border officer gave you just a bad look and nothing else. Smiley Two months overstay, some people get hundreds of euros fine.
steven

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 08:04:56 am »

I would not make any big deal out of it either.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)