Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 02:13:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Validity of Schengen Visa while Having a Temporary Residence Permit

(Read 5010 times)
Leo

« on: July 09, 2015, 12:34:05 am »

I have a C type Schengen visa that is valid for 4 years (until 2016). Meanwhile, I stayed in Poland to study and I obtained a temporary residence permit for over 8 months (between October 2014 and June 2015).

Now I entered Poland with the Schengen visa in August 2014, I received the temporary residence permit inn October, I did not leave Schengen area until December (using the temporary residence card) and re-entered in January 2015 (again using the same card).
 Is my Schengen visa still good to travel to Europe, given that I have received a stamp of exiting Schengen area from Germany in June 2015?
And how are days of stay calculated on the visa in this case?

Thank you.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: July 09, 2015, 12:34:05 am »

danisara

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 08:29:27 am »

The presence in Poland while on the residence permit does not count towards the 90/180 rule for Schengen visa.
The residence permit does not cancel already issued visa (the residence permit is for a single country, while the visa is a superior document, for all Schengen countries unless restricted directly on the visa sticker).
Leo

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 11:39:48 am »

Thank you for your reply.

I am still confused though. If the residence permit did not cancel the visa, and I did not leave Schengen area with the visa between 10 August 2014 and 21 June 2015 (due to using the residence card), does this mean that the count on the visa reached over 300 (three-hundred) days of continuous stay?

Otherwise, how are the days of stay calculated? And which authority would you advise me to consult? (given that the Polish embassy in my country could not find out whether my Schengen visa is still good to use, and issued me a national visa to go to Poland instead)

Kind regards
danisara

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 03:16:30 pm »

The visa period starts on the day when the residence permit commences.
Leo

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 03:34:45 pm »

Thank you Danisara for your reply again.

And to make sure I got it right, the 90/180 rule was reset to zero for a new period of 180 by the date the residence card was issued. And this means that I can use the current visa for travel since I consumed only 2 days in the current 180 period. is this correct?
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.085 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)