Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 03:11:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Invitation related question.

(Read 6485 times)
Adrikstalin
Semi-Newbie

« on: August 20, 2015, 04:28:43 pm »

Hello all,
I am new here and I have a situation that I am trying to deal with. I am an Egyptian citizen living in Egypt and I have applied for a Schengen visa at the TLS France and I was travelling to France to visit my girlfriend. The visa was rejected with the reason:

"the information submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable"

I gave them all papers required and everything was paid but I know why the visa was rejected. I wasn't interviewed but, I was called by the consulate via phone and I was so honest with them because I never get sneaky and makeup stories and I made it clear that I have a girlfriend in France. I guess the visa was rejected because on papers I was a tourist but during that call, I had a different purpose other than tourism which is visiting my girlfriend and so, to them I appeared sneaky even if applying for a visitor or tourism are just placed in the same category but we all know how consulates are too sensitive in such issues.

So, my question is, are visas in general easier with an Invitation? I didn't want my girlfriend to send an invitation at the beginning because I didn't want her to get involved because I thought it was easier to do it alone.

And, once more thing, what are the papers required by my girlfriend to send me an invitation other than a signed invitation letter? My girlfriend is a French citizen. I would appreciate any information because I am willing to apply again this November but this time, I will include an invitation in my documentation.

Thanks in advance.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: August 20, 2015, 04:28:43 pm »

leutenant1

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 10:24:00 am »

I think you're more likely to have a visa granted by using an invitation. Visiting a girlfriend is a much more important purpose than only go on holiday. The Visa handbook says that visiting a girlfriend or a boyfriend should be considered as a relevant welfare consideration.

If your girlfriend send an invitation, she should also send a document showing she is not married, and copy of her passport. In the invitation letter she should write how she know you, how long she know you, how many time you have met and that you will stay on her adress when visiting. Basically everything relevant about your relationship and your stay.
Adrikstalin
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 06:37:17 pm »

I think you're more likely to have a visa granted by using an invitation. Visiting a girlfriend is a much more important purpose than only go on holiday. The Visa handbook says that visiting a girlfriend or a boyfriend should be considered as a relevant welfare consideration.

If your girlfriend send an invitation, she should also send a document showing she is not married, and copy of her passport. In the invitation letter she should write how she know you, how long she know you, how many time you have met and that you will stay on her adress when visiting. Basically everything relevant about your relationship and your stay.

Hello,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I'm glad it's easier to obtain a visa as a visitor. I will work on it soon in November. Thanks again!!
steven

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 03:13:39 pm »

It will also help if the letter can be signed by your girlfriend in the presence of a public notary.
Adrikstalin
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 02:53:26 pm »

It will also help if the letter can be signed by your girlfriend in the presence of a public notary.

Can you please give me more details about how this can be done in case of my situation? I'd be thankful for your help.
steven

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 09:01:20 am »

See here for a sample visa invitation letter:

Invitation letter for visa
( http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=942.0 )

I hope this helps.
Adrikstalin
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 11:38:23 pm »

Thank you so much Steven, that was so helpful. And I apologize for the late reply.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)