Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 28, 2024, 02:07:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Extension of Duration of Stay

(Read 3598 times)
theextatic

« on: October 17, 2015, 10:10:43 pm »

Hey guys,

I am in need of your help and advice.

I have been recently granted for a 6-day Schengen visa (type C) valid from 24-10-2015 to 13-11-2015 last 11-10-2015 through the embassy of Czech Republic however my flight booking from Czech Airlines had changed without prior notice. As the flight on the 29th was cancelled, they are giving me an option to fly back to Dubai earlier or later but not on the 29th itself since there is no more flights available on the 29th. I don't want to go back on the 28th just yet.

Please advise if I can extend my stay in Czech Republic for a day or two without any problem and select a flight on the 30th or the 31st of October instead. I will also extend my hotel booking accordingly.

Your response would be highly appreciated as I will be flying to Prague on the 24th of this month.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: October 17, 2015, 10:10:43 pm »

bugibar

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 02:28:28 pm »

You might want to apply for an extension to your visa (30 EUR fee), since a cancellation of a flight might be considered an exceptional case (per the regulation (EC) No 810/2009, Visa Code, CHAPTER V, Article 33). See here for more details, a similar question: Schengen visa extension (http://www.maxi-pedia.com/forum/index.php?topic=837.msg2284#msg2284). That would be the case for a flight being cancelled after you entered the Schengen country, and that possibly might be the case for a flight being cancelled after you have already paid for your ticket. In case you have not paid for the ticket yet, and it is just your reservation that has changed, than you are limited by the duration for which your visa was issued. To read about consequences of overstaying Schengen visa, search this forum (many posts on this topic have already been submitted).
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)