Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

February 26, 2020, 01:56:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]

Entry banned for 3 years after they'd fined me EUR 320 for 11 days overstay

 (Read 1967 times)
Posts: 2

« on: November 05, 2015, 01:51:38 pm »

Hello there!

I travelled to Germany from India early 2015 on 2 months VISA for office / business purpose and it was my first ever travel outside India. Since it was official, it's the department in office who managed the travel documentations. Towards the end of my stay, my project asked me to stay for 2 more weeks to finish some more trainings and I did. They only extended my flight ticket and didn't do anything about my VISA. Unaware of the issue, I reached airport for my travel back after the extended stay. The border security police took me to their office and made me pay EUR 320 and made me sign few papers, which didn't have any clause like, I am committing a crimila offense or anything. Even the police officers were extremely polite and told me that by signing I am accepting that I understand that I have committed a minor offense and even I might get the money back. So, after 6 months I am applying again, and the consulate called me and said they cannot issue me a VISA, because I am BANNED to enter Germany for another 3 YEARS. My whole career depends on this!! I tried caling the Bangalore Consulate office and a lady without even listening to me started shouting at me asking why I overstayed. To be honest, I DIDN'T KNOW that I am committing a mistake. I am a law abiding citizen and haven't even broken TRAFFIC RULES in my entire life!! It's devastating and I am falling behind in my career.

I read there is an Annex 2 to request to limit the ban, but then I do not know the PROCEDURE to request this. Can anyone help me here, I'd be really grateful!! Any contact point, any procedures, would do. Now that my office guys are leat helpful, I wrote to the VISA office in Cologne and got their reply, but of not much help. However they have mentioned about limiting this ban by requesting to the reporting officer, whom I don't know! Please help!!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 03:29:09 pm by Aisha » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 05, 2015, 01:51:38 pm »

Pages: [1]
Jump to:  

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.003s, 0q)