Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 18, 2024, 04:01:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Overstay Schengen visa 9 days

(Read 4087 times)
Reetu

« on: November 14, 2015, 07:40:30 pm »

I live in Sweden, and my girlfriend, who is a Thai citizen, visited me during last summer. Some weeks after her departure, I discovered that she had been overstaying her Schengen visa 9 days. I made the mistake when I booked her return flight. I was only looking at the expiring date of the visa period, without reflecting that the duration period for the visa was more than 90 days, even more than 100 days. She was not caught at exit and she has – as far as I can see – a normal exit stamp in her passport. Before discovering the mistake, I was planning for inviting her another time on a Schengen visa, in next April. How do you judge this situation? Should we have a try then, as we have been planning? Shall I attach a letter with an explanation about the mistake, or some other documents? She has a safe and good life in her home city, where her parents and siblings live. She was off her job in her sister’s shop during the visit here, but has returned now.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 14, 2015, 07:40:30 pm »

bugibar

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 01:25:32 pm »

In case she was not questioned at the point of exist and has a normal exit stamp, then I would not worry about the overstay and proceed with the next visa application in a standard fashion. As far as I know previous stays are not recalculated at the moment of the next visa decision.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)