Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 25, 2024, 06:35:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Schengen Overstay - Fine not Paid

(Read 3456 times)
travelgirl234

« on: December 08, 2015, 08:56:55 pm »

To anyone who might know how to help...

I'm a US citizen and I studied abroad in Greece in 2012 and was advised by my university not to get a Visa because I would only be staying a few days over the 90 day schengen territory rule. As someone with little travel experience I did not question them. Of course, after staying in Greece for 101 days, I flew back to the US through Zurich.

I was stopped in Zurich and told that I would be fined. I didn't have enough money to pay the fine and was told I would be billed. I may have been sent a bill but since have moved and am not sure. I didn't think too much about it as I didn't think I'd be back in Switzerland any time soon.

I've just received an opportunity to travel to Zurich in late January and am frantically trying to find out whether or not I will be able to enter the country.

I've reached out to the State Department here in the US who were unable to help and also the Swiss Embassy who did not give me any answers but told me I need to talk to Customs. I have no idea how to get a hold of customs.

Could I fly in through a different country and train to Switzerland? Does anyone have any advice or experience with an unpaid fine?

Thank you in advance for anyone's help.
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: December 08, 2015, 08:56:55 pm »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)