Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 19, 2024, 03:18:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Should resume include date of birth?

(Read 59322 times)
zaragoza
Semi-Newbie

« on: December 05, 2008, 12:04:49 am »

I am really confused on this one. I am used to how it works in the USA. Date of birth is seen as a discriminatory factor and therefore should not be included in a resume.

I moved to Europe recently and am looking for a job here, and they seem to see the age discrimination problem differently. Everyone I have asked says I should provide my birth date on my resume. They even say "you are young, it is your benefit to provide your birth date on your resume". But, I hate being judged by my birth date. What should I do?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: December 05, 2008, 12:04:49 am »

sunset
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 03:55:32 pm »

The answer is simple: NO, never.

I have seen people to include their birth date on their resumes, especially when I was working for our company in central and Eastern Europe, but the advice is not to include your birth date. Birth date is a discriminatory factor. If you include your birth date on your resume, you are running a chance you will be discriminated. If you do not include your birth date on your resume, no worry, if you are a qualified candidate, they will give you a call anyway. Not having a birth date on your resume is not going to decide whether you should or should not be invited for an interview; the opposite could.
yaris

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 05:47:20 pm »

I agree, never include date of birth on your resume regardless whether you are in the US or Europe. It can do more harm to include one than not include one.

Too much information can always make more harm than too little information.
Pansophic

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 07:09:03 pm »

there is no need of including your date of birth in the resume ........
phillipturner

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 02:03:57 pm »

It also depends on the template of resume, if you are fresher and giving your personal details then you can include it in your resume, It is not necessary to include, but if you wish you can give details.
atari

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 09:36:11 pm »

It also depends on the template of resume, if you are fresher and giving your personal details then you can include it in your resume, It is not necessary to include, but if you wish you can give details.

What do you mean by a "template of resume"? Your answer is not very comprehendible. Please, explain.
Justinrosen

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 01:22:29 pm »

Do you want job interview tips that tell you what an employer is looking for when they interview job candidates? Imagine the advantage you would have if you knew the secrets from the other side of the interview desk. You could communicate with confidence because you would know how to prepare for the job interviews, what to say, and how to present what you can offer a potential employer.
best resume writing tips

Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)