Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 10:59:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Long Term work visa D is delayed because of the refusal of Schengan tourist visa

(Read 3280 times)
teek

« on: November 01, 2017, 05:27:10 am »

I have currently applied for a Long Term D visa to Belgium for 1 year. My new employer in Belgium has already applied for the work permit and i got the work permit successfully. Now the embassy of Belgium in Singapore informed me that the resident visa process which takes 7-10 days, may take a few months or even more for me to get the visa as the immigration has to clear my visa. This is due to the refusal (twice) of Schengan tourist visa to France in the past earlier this year.

I am an Indian national currently residing in Singapore with a Employment Pass Visa.

Earlier this year, I applied for a tourist visa to France from Embassy of France in Singapore and it got refused with the reason below although I produced all the necessary documents. I again made some changes in the dates and rebooked everything and again applied for a new visa in the same week and it got refused as well for the same reason.

"Your intention to leave the territory of the member states before the expiry of the Visa could not be ascertained"

Then recently I got a job offer in Belgium and I received the work permit too. I have resigned from my current employment and I am about to join the work in Belgium in 4 weeks. If this visa process is going to take a few months, it means that I have go back to India and be unemployed until the visa arrives.

Could anyone let me know how Can I reason this with the embassy for a quick response. And also will my previous 2 refusal of Schengan tourist visa lead to the refusal of the current long term D visa to Belgium.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:38:10 am by teek » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 01, 2017, 05:27:10 am »

zaragoza
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 04:21:33 pm »

There is one unclear information. In general, one's eligibility to work in a Schengen country is based on Schengen visa type D. That is the permit that allows you to legally work in a Schengen state. You wrote that you got the work permit successfully, but you do not have the visa yet. What permit is that? There is a chance that you may be mistaken in any way.

The fact that your two previous applications have been rejected can play a role; however, the fact that your visa application is supported by a Belgian firm (if it is supported by a sound documentation) plays to your benefit. When you do get the visa, I would expect it might be limited to Belgium only.

What makes you think that you would need to go back to India? Since you have applied in Singapore, wouldn't you want to wait for the visa in Singapore?
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)