Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 16, 2024, 12:58:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Need guidance for SPACE matrix analysis [Urgent]

(Read 9748 times)
mitul

« on: May 15, 2009, 04:07:18 pm »

Hi

I am doing summer intern in an infrastructure company. I am doing SWOT analysis and forming the SPACE Matrix. I am unable to analyse the factors for that. If suppose i get it frm the economic, and demographic. (Macro n Micro env factors) then how do i assign the weight to these factors? And do i need to do any survey to assign a weight and rating ? Cann't i do it without that ? The same problem is with quantitative strategic planning matrix (QPSM ).
Please help me out in this
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: May 15, 2009, 04:07:18 pm »

anzibar
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 07:25:18 am »

Hi,

The approach you take depends on how reliable you want your model to be. Here is the basic explanation of the steps.

First, you choose a set of variables in each dimension (CA, IS, ES, FS) that you want to include in your SPACE matrix model.

Second, you assign ratings to them (usually 1 to 6, but it can be 1 to 10 too). You can assign those ratings based on your personal estimate, but if you have the opportunity to do a survey, your model will be more robust. You can create a survey with your variables, and ask the recipients to rate them - then you add up all the ratings and convert them to your original scale. You can also create a list of indirect questions for each variable in your model and distribute that in your survey. There are many options.

Third, calculate averages.

Fourth, plot values.

See here for more details on SPACE matrix example and QSPM matrix example.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Note: Remember that weights have to add up to 100%.

Note: The SPACE matrix model uses ratings. The QSPM matrix model uses weights and ratings. They are both subjective estimates. See the two links posted above.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 07:29:30 am by anzibar » Logged
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)