Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

March 29, 2024, 07:06:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Confusion: Valid National Type-D Multiple Entry Visa - re-entering Schengen?

(Read 6570 times)
JDonna

« on: November 06, 2011, 07:32:39 pm »

I have a valid multiple entry long-stay type-D Visa (national visa) (valid for one year) for study purposes for Italy issued in Sept. 2011. I used it to enter Italy last Sept and have applied for the residence permit.
I have a valid 6-months UK multiple entry visa and intend to travel next week directly from Italy to the UK for 10 days and back to Italy. I intend to travel again in December for 10 days to the UK traveling always directly without passing through the Schengen area as well as to Egypt (home country) by the end of December.

Now the question that has been driving me crazy is: will I face problems re-entering Italy anytime I leave to any country in the world (either country of origin or a country to which I have a valid visa) just because I am waiting for the residence permit even though I have a valid multiple entry visa and the post office receipt for applying for a residence permit?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 06, 2011, 07:32:39 pm »

steven

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 01:58:14 pm »

I do not think an application for a residence permit would have any cancellation effect on a valid visa. Consider this, the visa allows you to enter any country in the Schengen zone (assuming you have visa valid for etats schengen). Why would for example Norway care about your residence permit application in France. That would not make much sense. Do you have an option of asking at the embassy? Sometimes they reply to emails.
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)