Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 19, 2024, 03:35:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

Aggregate and compress css files in Drupal disabled by default

(Read 19890 times)
atari

« on: October 22, 2008, 01:20:58 pm »

I would like to turn the Aggregate and compress css files feature on in my Drupal site, but it is disabled by default. I can't check the Enabled radio button because it is grayed out with the Disabled checked. Would anyone know why it is so in my case, and what am I missing, please?
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: October 22, 2008, 01:20:58 pm »

mod

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 01:30:55 pm »

Check your download method in Administer >> Settings >> File system

There are two possible settings for download method: Public and Private.

Set to Public if you don't care if any user, even anonymous users, can download the files uploaded by other users.

Set to Private if you wish to restrict the ability of some users to download files uploaded by other users.

If your method is set to Private, then the Aggregate and compress css files is disabled.

Note, just on the side, changing the download method from private to public once your web is running can become a major hassle, see this post: http://drupal.org/node/319334
ramki
Semi-Newbie

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 01:24:19 pm »

Note, just on the side, changing the download method from private to public once your web is running can become a major hassle, see this post:

Yeah, that is true. Never ever go from private to public. I tried yesterday, bad mistake. Always back up!!
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0s, 0q)