Welcome to Maxi-Pedia Forum. Maxi-Pedia discussion forum is a free community inviting you to express your ideas and discuss various topics with other contributors.

April 24, 2024, 04:27:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Most Recent Posts:
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author
Topic: 

American wants to overstay Schengen Visa if I don't find work - advice, risks, problems?

(Read 4657 times)
bmwisener

« on: November 07, 2014, 08:01:13 pm »

Hi Everyone!

I am an American that has recently arrived to Spain, and has about 75 days left on my Schengen VISA left.  I want to live in Spain for at least a year and have my CELTA/TEFL Teaching Credential?

I am concerned that I won't be able to find a job that will sponsor my work as most of the language schools don't seem to want to go through the hassle of hiring an American. I'm not sure what my options are really, I am quite concerned, but my gut is kind of saying just to stay in Spain if I don't find legal work and just work doing private lessons and at more shady language institutes.

I'm curious if there are other Americans that have dealt with this situation, and how they handled it?

Thank you!
Maxi-Pedia Forum
« on: November 07, 2014, 08:01:13 pm »

steven

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 10:06:47 am »

Hi, if you stay in Spain illegaly (overstay), you might pay a fine or even be banned from entry to the Schengen area for 10 years (in the worst case). If you get caught. You can get caught overstaying either when you go back to the US (at the airport exit control), or you can also get caught on the street (for example when you get involved in an accident where the police asks you for your identification, etc.). Teaching English, your chances of getting work visa are slim, but you might try getting students visa by enrolling your self into some Spanish school. Or, get yourself a Spanish wife. Smiley
Maxi-Pedia Forum

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries. (Pretty URLs adds 0.001s, 0q)